The Feeling Of Perfection

Chapter 1: "The Feeling Of Perfection"

At the age of 17, I knew I had finally found happiness. I was dating the nicest guy in school, and I had two of the most amazing friends I could ever wish for. I didn't need anything else. Or at least that's what I thought.

Growing up I always imagined who I would grow old with, and Aaron Johnson is the one for me.

His light brown spiked hair, that is always gelled neatly into place and his deep green eyes.

He was a football player but unlike the rest he didn't care about his reputation. It made him seem different and more unique from everyone else, and I loved that about him. He was not afraid to stand out.

I was ecstatic after we first got together, but I knew that when all the girls from our school found out, that he was taken I would end up with a target on my back, which made me extremely anxious. But Aaron did not rush me and helped me overcome my anxiousness.

He made me feel as if I was the only girl in his eyes, and I believed him.

We were the most envied couple at school, and I couldn't have cared less. He was mine and I felt as if he were the one, I would spend the rest of my life with, and he made me feel something I have always wanted to feel.

The Feeling of Perfection

***Fading back into realisation***

"Clarisa? Clarisa, are you paying attention?"

I raised my head slightly and after a second, I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting to the blinding sun. As I put my hand above my eyes, blocking out the sun, I was finally able to focus. My best friends Lexie and Brooke were sitting in front of me, waving their hands at me like I was a fly.

Brooke had black shimmering hair, which she always had softly curled flowing down her back. Her eyes are grey in colour. But not the dark grey like the sky at night but instead a light almost shimmering silver colour in appearance

"Yeah, yeah I'm here," I said lazily as I slowly sat up and glared at them before rolling my eyes. "What do you want?" I meant to ask quietly but it came out in a rough, grouchy tone.

They both rolled their eyes, and I could not help but lay back onto the grass. I could feel them conspiring something, but I was too late to say anything, Lexie was already asking
me about the one topic they knew would make me feel uneasy.

"Hey Clare, where's Aaron?" I was not uncomfortable because I did not like him or anything, I was just never a very open person about my private life because I knew it could start controversy with all the other girls at my school. They knew it too but still tried nearly every day to get me to spill some tea about what was happening.

"We're great, I'm going to meet him after he finishes class to talk about a few things, like this weekend. That is really it. Nothing else to tell" I knew the only way to get them off my back was to tell them everything boring. They are both way too persistent, but I knew they could not stand boring gossip like that. Yet I still love them, annoyingness, and all.

Lexie and Brooke had just started talking about their weekend plans when my phone went off and I knew straight away who it was. I was expecting a text from Aaron since his last class for the day had just finished and he knew I would be waiting for him.

Aaron: "Hey, I have a last-minute practice for this weekend, talk tonight?"
Clarisa: "Ok, we'll talk later."

I knew he did not need to practice all the time because he was always one of the best players on the field. But he always wanted to be better, and I could not fault him for that.

I put my phone away and looked up. Lexie was crying and Brooke was just laughing at her. I could not help but shake my head and giggle. "Clare can you tell Lexie to stop being such a cry-baby? All I did was grab the last cookie from the bag." I could not help but laugh, I put on my baby talking voice and started making fun of her. "Aww was baby's cookie taken away?"

Both Brooke and I erupted into giggles as Lexi started glaring at me. It seemed as if she wanted me dead because I didn't take her side, but I couldn't help but laugh even louder. Her being angry was never taken seriously by either Brooke or I and she knew it.

Whenever she got cranky her nose would wrinkle and she would look like an adorable angry baby. After I had finally calmed my laughter, I looked up at Lexie. I think Lexi had almost given in because I could tell she was trying to hold in her laughs, and I could not help but smile.

I looked at Brooke and straight away she knew what I was planning. We both jumped at Lexi and started tickling her. She straight away erupted into tiny little giggles, and we knew we had won. After a while of being complete idiots we collapsed onto the grass absorbing the sun.

As I put my head up slightly, l looked towards the building in front of us I saw Stacey and Sarah M. They looked confused as if they were looking for someone. "Looks like the girls have lost their owner." I turned onto my side towards Lexie and Brooke, and we all started laughing again.

My chest couldn't handle it and I started choking. I sat up clutching my chest with one hand coughing into my elbow with the other. Which made them both laugh even more. "God! Taylor needs to let them go and leave them alone. She doesn't need minions, she needs friends."

Lexie looks pissed after talking about Taylor and I can't help but nod my head. "Yeah, if she wants friends, then she shouldn't treat the twins so shit!" I giggled at Brookes comment but started choking again. "And she wonders why no one likes her." The girls laughed. Even though it was a sarcastic comment they both knew it was true.

Taylor was a complete and utter spoilt brat. She got everything she could ever want, and she didn't care how she treated everyone else. She is a terrible Person. No scratch that she is the closest thing to the Devil I've ever met. Lexie, Brooke and I despised her with every inch of my body, and she never gave us a reason to doubt it.

She always had hated me since we were young and has basically made it her duty to ruin everything, yet she never has. I always took her threats as if they were empty and had no consequence. She never acted upon her demands and threats, so we didn't take them seriously. "Damn she's annoying!"

It was now three o'clock and I knew I had to go home soon. I did not have a lift home and Lexi and Brooke didn't drive today. "Sorry guys but I've got to go." As soon as I said it, I could see their smiles disappear from their faces and their eyes darted straight towards their phones.

They both jumped up when they saw the time. I stood up and pulled them both into a hug. "Ok girls, I've got to go, I love you!" Lexie replied straight away "Love you too." And then sprinted towards the bus stop. I could not help but smile and shake my head. I turned to Brooke and hugged her again. "Ok, Bye Clare, I have got to go too. I'll call you later." Before I could reply she was already sprinting off after Lexi screaming at her to wait for her.

I could not help but roll my eyes.
As I was about to leave, I remembered that Aaron could give me a lift after practice. He always hangs around the alleyway next to the gym when he finishes practice, so I started to walk over there ready to wait until practice finished.

As I got to the alleyway, I noticed something different. Taylor was there kissing some guy I could not see. I knew that she did not hang around here, so I got curious and slowly walked closer trying not to grab their attention. As I got a couple of inches closer, I was able to see who the face belonged to. As I started to say his name, I could not help but start crying.

"AARON!"