Double Trouble

Chapter 30: "Double Trouble"

***Clarisa's POV***

Walking into the hospital, I feel myself panicking. I'm about to go to my first OBGYN appointment and honestly, I want to scream. I have no clue what the fuck I'm doing.

I also may have not told Jake I had this appointment... So, this is going to be fun.

"Clarisa Flores?"

Looking up I see the doctor and nod my head standing up, to follow her into her office. Sitting down on the small medical chair in the middle of the room, I find myself looking over the decorations around me.

It was a basic room filled with pictures of babies and uteruses. As if this wasn't creepy enough.

"How are you today miss Flores?"

"I'm pretty good although I've been having horrible morning sickness and I haven't been able to sleep very well because of it. I was wondering maybe the ultrasound could help you work out if anything is wrong. I just feel extremely off."

Nodding her head, she types something down on her computer and faces back towards me.

"Of course. And exactly how far along do you think you are at the moment?"

Thinking over what the test said I respond in a questioning tone.

"I believe I'm around 8 weeks. Although I'm not one hundred percent sure if that is the actually case."

Nodding her head, she takes a few more notes before standing up and asking me to lift my shirt.

"Now before we start, I will warn you this is extremely cold, and it will feel uncomfortable at the start."

Nodding my head, I lift my shirt and look towards the screen as she places the ultrasound stick on my stomach, pointing to certain points on the screen as she explains what is happening.

"OK so if you look here at these two blobs, those are the heads. These two things here are the bodies."

Feeling myself go into shock I can't help but question what she was saying.

"I'm sorry but what did you say?"

"If you look just here there is a small face and body That is baby number one. But over here is another which is baby number two. Now if you want I can record this? Or I can just take a few pictures it's up to you."

Looking over to the screen it finally hits me.

"Wait so I'm having twins? I thought that was just a hereditary thing where you have twins in the bloodline somewhere otherwise it isn't as likely. How can this happen?"

"I understand you must be confused. By my understanding I'd have to assume that it would be your partner with the history of twins. Although I should tell you having twins will be a lot harder which you have already started to experience. Your morning sickness will start to get better though soon with you now reaching your second trimester. I should tell you though, you aren't eight weeks pregnant. You're twelve weeks pregnant."

The rest of the appointment was a blur with me now driving home with the DVD and ultrasound images beside me on the passenger chair.

I'm having twins. As if this wasn't already hard enough.

Pulling up at the house, I put the items into my bag carefully and walk inside placing it just by the door, crashing into Jake as I step further into the house.

"Hey... where were you? I missed you."

Since we found out I was pregnant he has been even more clingy than before. Not that I am always complaining, but in this case, I hated it. I didn't know how to tell him.

It was going to be hard enough for him to leave me with the one baby when he goes to play football now, he will have to either give it up or leave me with the two. I couldn't just tell him that. Could I?

"I was just down the street had something I needed to do today. What have you been up to?"

"Nothing much, I have a surprise for you though. Close your eyes."

Covering my eyes with my hands, I hear a small number of footsteps before I am finally able to open them.

"Ok open them."

Cuddling into Jake's neck was the tiniest most adorable little puppy I've ever seen.

"Sunshine this is Tia."

Opening my arms, I pick up Tia and leave kisses all over her face leaving her squirming excitingly in my arms.

"She's so fricken cute Jake."

Scowling he pretend to cover Tia's ears.

"No swearing in front of our babies!"

Rolling my eyes at his behaviour, I try to ignore his use of the word babies but can't.

"About that Jake. I need to tell you something-"

Before I could tell him, he takes Tia from my arms and places a finger on my lips making me shut up.

"Before you say that, I want to show you something."

Following him into the loungeroom which is covered in dog toys and dog furniture.

"If we need this much stuff with just Tia, imagine how much stuff we're going to need when the babies come."

Looking over to me, I feel myself almost freeze in his vision. But I return to normal once I realise, he didn't notice what I actually had said.

"Once we have this baby, I am giving it my world Sunshine."

Smiling, I place my arms around his neck watching his eyes light with love and happiness.

"Jake about that. I think I should tell you. I'm-"

Just as I was about to tell him the doorbell rang interrupting me.

"Keep that thought. I think your dad is here. Also, no I haven't told him you're pregnant. I wanted to leave that to you. If I tell him, I will be skinned alive. I quite like my skin on my body."

Laughing I kiss his cheek and step backwards feeling myself internally groan because of the timing of everything.

Walking towards the front door, I open it letting my dad pass by me and walk inside.

"Good morning, Sweetheart."

Kissing his cheek, I pull him into a hug and feel myself engulfed by his body.

"It's the afternoon Dad."

Letting me out of the hug he steps away and walks towards the lounge room, stopping just as he reaches the doorway.

"I know."

Stepping into the lounge room beside him, I watch as he curiously looks over every object we have scattered on our floor.

"You do realise that the whole room is a pigsty, right?"

Nodding my head, I motion for Jake to bring over Tia.

"Dad I'd like you to meet the culprit of the mess. This is Tia. Our puppy."

Grabbing Tia from Jake's arms, dad walked over to the couch and sat down now playing carelessly with her as she jumped around on his lap.

After about another thirty minutes Dad decides to leave, letting Jake and I to spend the rest of the day to organise all of Tia's new things.

"What were you going to tell me before your dad showed up?'

Shaking my head, I go over how I was going to tell him, but decide not to.

"It doesn't matter Jake. It's not important."

Nodding his head, he goes back to cleaning, and we eventually organise everything and fall asleep in the loungeroom with Tia laying down beside us, snuggled into my side.

It was only a week until Jake graduated, and time was running out. I had to tell him.