Playing House

Chapter 28: "Playing House"

***Jake's POV***

"Jake... Is it true?"

The look in her eyes felt as if she was begging me to deny it and for me to say what she wants to hear. But I can't. I can't lie to her.

"... Yes..."

As I saw a tear drop onto her cheek she turned around and started walking away leaving me standing in the middle of the crowd, broken and afraid.

I've lost her.

***Clarisa's POV***

It's been almost three months since I'd last seen him and it still hurt.

The night of the moment he came over and grabbed his stuff, but I could barely even look at him. The amount of pain he made flow through my body was too much.

I love home with everything in me, but it hurt too much. Especially now.

---Three Months Previously---

As I laid down in my bed surrounded by dozens of tissues and blankets, I thought I was ready to curl up into a ball and never leave.

I love Jake, so fucking much and now he's proven how much he honestly reciprocated those feelings.

I don't understand how I let myself into this situation, but I'm just glad I found out now, I guess.

As I'm about to fall asleep my door us opened and Jake slowly walks in surveying the room.

Sitting up I pull my knees into my chest and wait until my eyes meet his.

"Clarisa, I'm so fucking sorry. Baby, I didn't mean to hurt you. I love you. Don't ever double think that. I was drunk and my friend took advantage of that when he got me to agree to the bet. I didn't want it. I hadn't even spoken to him about it since then. I was positive it was over with. I had no idea he was being serious."

As he sat down on the edge of my bed, I could see how much pain he was in. Serves him right.

"Please don't leave me. I need you. More than anything. You are it for me. Clarisa, you are my world."

Reaching into the chest of draws beside me, I pull out my favourite of Jake's shirts. Sitting up slightly, I place it on the end of my bed watching him as he slowly picks up the bags, I had angrily packed just hours earlier.

Looking down at the shirt he leaves it on the bed and starts walking out of the room stopping by the doorway.

"I love you, Sunshine."

Wiping away my tears, I look up again and breath out just enough words before I feel myself breakdown for what feels like the hundredth time today.

"Goodbye Jake."

Shaking his head, his eyes are filled with disappointment and anguish.

"Please come back to me?"

Shaking my head, I wipe my tears away and notice him absorbing my features, indenting them into his memories as if this would be the last time, he would see me.

"I can't."

Hiding his head, he turns around and walks out of my room leaving me alone once again to cry myself to sleep.

As my eyes closed, my thoughts took over me feeling lost and afraid.

I've just ruined my life loving someone who will never feel it in return.