The Opposite Side

Chapter 8: "The Opposite Side"

*Jakes POV*

Music was blaring throughout the house with people standing on furniture dancing and yelling over the music. But that was what made it an Evergreen Party, the roaring music, the street full of the cars that belong to random partiers and the yard, full of passed out drunks surrounded by cups and bottles.

Walking past the pool of drunk teens crowding the entryway, I head towards the football team, who are all sitting around doing shots. As I sat down with the team, Caleb walked over and sat next to me, punching me in the shoulder.

"Jake dude, took you long enough to get your ass over here!" After friendly punching Caleb back, I laugh and reply to his comment. "Sorry dude, busy with other things."

Rolling his eyes, he just laughs and leans back into his chair. "Mmhmm, sure, so you weren't hanging out with that quarter backs little sister again?" My mouth sprung open as I heard him talk about her. I was speechless, how did he know? "What, did you think we didn't know?"

I was still in shock, but eventually managed to speak a few words. "She's just a plaything, nothing serious." As soon as the words left my mouth I flinched. I didn't mean any of it, but it was too late. He had heard and he had a plan to make sure of that.

"No, dude don't even start. Caleb, I am not joining in on one of your drunk bets again!" His smile had another idea though.

"Jake, if she's just a plaything then you won't mind joining in." He had a coy and manipulative smile which made me know he wasn't joking. He was being one-hundred percent serious, and it was both scared and aggravating me.

"Caleb just tell me the bet already."

"Yeah yeah, it's always cut to the chase with you isn't it?"

"Just tell me already!"

"If she's just a thing to pass the time then let's have a little game with her. Make her fall for you, find out her brother's secrets and then break her heart. How Simple!"

"Geez, how drunk are you?"

"I've only had like three shots. Now stop changing the subject. Are you in or out?"
"You know what? Fuck you. I'm in!"

"Good choice."

Angrily I groan and look away. Before yelling out towards the rest of the guys.

"Who wants to play beer pong?"

*Clarisa's POV*

"Clarisa slow down. He said what?"

Brooke was screaming through my phone trying to digest everything I had told her. "He took me to the park again."

I could hear her chuckling through the phone. "Yeah, I got that part. It's the last part I don't understand. What did he say to you?"

"He told me I am an amazing person, and he will always feel that way."

My mind goes back earlier today, making my face burn red like a tomato. "He was just so.... Amazing today. The things he was saying. It made me feel something. Something I haven't felt in a while."

"Hey sorry to bring this up but how are you, you know when it comes to Aaron and all. I don't want you rushing into anything unless you're ready?"

"I am fine. Just a little tired of it all. Can we not talk about him?"

Tears started filling up my eyes at just the thought of what had happened.
"Yeah, sorry I brought it up."

"Brooke it's fine, I just... don't feel like talking about it."

Tears started rolling down my eyes. Wiping my tears away I continued to speak.

"So... how's your day been?"

The phone was then filled with laughter.

"Seriously, umm sure. My day was boring. Not as interesting as yours though. So... Clarisa what's this cute guy's name then?"

"Jake. His name is Jake."

"Clarisa no. All the Jake's I know are assholes. Especially one's like my brother."

"Not everyone is as annoying and selfish as your brother. So, calm down I won't let him hurt me or my heart. I promise."

"As long as you know what you're doing. Then I'm happy for you."

"Thanks Brooke. That's all I ask."

Suddenly yelling from downstairs shot up into my room. "Clarisa, hurry up and get your ass downstairs, dinner's getting cold."

"Sorry Brooke, but I've got to go Aiden's calling me to come downstairs for tea."

"Ok, have fun, I guess. We'll talk soon."

I hit the hang up button on my phone and placed it into my pocket. Before jumping off the bed and jogging downstairs, for some mouth-watering food.

After I finished dinner I went back upstairs, skipping into my en-suite to start getting ready for bed. After showering I grabbed two towels from the rack, wrapping one towel around my chest and the other I used to dry my hair. Rubbing my damp hair with a towel, I exit the room and walk into my closet pulling out a grey long sleeve V-neck shirt, black tracksuit pants and some underwear.

After getting dressed I walked back into the bathroom and washed my face. Dabbing my face down with a towel, I walked downstairs and sat down on the couch in front of the Tv, grabbing the remote. I pointed the remote at the Tv and turned it on relaxing. Indulging myself into the show.

Tears were now running down my face. Why do all the good characters always die? Wiping my tears away from my eyes I pull the blanket down off my shoulders and grabbed the remote turning the Tv off. Standing up off the couch, I grab the blanket and wrap it around my shoulders comfortably. Walking upstairs into my room and collapsing onto my bed, exhausted.

My mind starts to travel thinking back into what Brooke said "... All the Jake's I know are assholes." Questions started jumping around in my head.

What if he really is as bad as Brooke's brother? What if he is hiding something from me? Is he even being honest towards me? Slowly I doze off, my mind still full of questions. What if he's using me?

*Jake's POV*

Rubbing my head, I look up at the roof, with thundering pain shooting through my head. After slowly standing up I grab my phone out and check the time. It was 3am. Suddenly a message pops up on my screen from Caleb.

"Knew you would change your mind about the bet. Pleasure doing business with you!"

I was now confused, but I eventually decide to reply.

"How drunk did I get?"

Instantly he sent me a video. It had me dancing on top of a pool table shirtless doing shots and dancing terribly.

Calling him, I groan at the brightness of the screen before he eventually answered.

"What the hell dude! How could you let that happen?"

"I don't know it just did, plus it is bloody hilarious!"

"Anyway dude, what do you mean change my mind?"

"You don't remember?"

"I don't remember anything past beer pong."

"Yeah, you did really bad at bear pong."

"Of course, I did."

I rub my temple trying to remember anything else.

"About the bet what do you mean?"

"After beer pong you came up to me mostly sober looking and told me you were in on the bet."

"I did what?"

"you said you were in on the bet. You also decided to up the stakes on the bet."

"WTF! Why would you let this happen?"

"Hey, I was just as drunk as you. Don't blame me."

"What do you mean up the stakes?"

"You see, you thought it would be too easy to make her love you, so you upped the steaks."

"How?"

I could hear Caleb laughing at my predicament through the covered speaker that he was using to hide the audible smile he was armed with.

I was even more angry now causing me to raise my voice and asked again.
"How?"

"By ruining her life!"

***Don't Forget To Like And Comment***

**I'm also sorry if that wasn't a very good chapter, It will get better.**