Sunflower

Chapter 29: "Sunflower"

---Two Months Later---

Walking into the house, I drop my bags on the couch and collapse against the cushions, feeling myself fall asleep almost straight away. But I'm rudely interrupted by a yelling Jake.

"Clarisa is that you? I'm in our room."

Slowly, I stand up but regret it as soon as I do so as I feel the need to vomit arise through me.

Running into the bathroom, I lift the seat and vomit almost missing the bowel entirely.

After a minute or two, Jake comes downstairs and walks up behind me, holding my hair back as he rubbed circles into my back.

"Are you OK?"

Nodding my head, I fall back to my knees and place my hands on hips which were now placed on my shoulders.

"I don't know."

It is two weeks until Jake's graduation and we've been living at our little house with me only going home when it was one hundred percent necessary.

But for the last week, I haven't been quite the same. I've gained weight, been sick, super emotional and the thing I've hated most, clingy.

I just hope it isn't because of what I think it is.

"It's going to be OK Sunshine."

Picking me up he carries me bridle style up the stairs and places me onto our bed, climbing in beside me turning on the TV.

"I know you're stressed about us but it's going to be OK. I'm only going to be two hours away and I'll be back home whenever I can. I'm only a recruit for the Melbourne team so it will be fine. We will work it out."

Nodding my head, I snuggle into him and try to watch some show Jake has been obsessing about.

He was leaving and I had no idea what we were going to do.

Waking up in the middle of the night, I run to the bathroom! And empty my stomach into the bowel yet again.

Slowly getting back onto the bed, j sits down at the edge and place my head in my hands trying to think over what I was going to do.

Knowing I can't ignore what I was going through, I walk into the closet and get changed into some warm clothes and winter boots.

Grabbing my wallet, I leave a note for Jake on the bedside table saying I've gone to the shops, in case he wakes up and leave a kiss on his cheek walking out of the room.

Leaving the house, I start walking towards the closest twenty-four-hour pharmacy which was only a black away.

As I walk towards the pharmacy, I am met with a small purple building with a large twenty-four-hour neon sign.

Stepping through the door, I am met by an aggressive and pissed off lady who just rolls her eyes and walks away.

Shaking my head at her, I walked over to the pregnancy tests and grab five different types, As well as dome vitamins and toothpaste. Holding them all in my arms I walk towards the register and place them all down in front of the same pissed off lady as before.

Looking over the boxes, I make sure I actually grab different types and silently cheer when I saw one that shows you how far along you are.

Scanning over the items I feel the lady looking me over, trying to pinpoint my age.

"Miss, do you have a membership?'

Nodding my head, I bring out my card and give it to her, letting her read over it.

Watching her, I see her lose her composure, and laugh whispering quiet comments under her breath as she scans them.

"Such a slut... Wow... She's 17?"

Rolling my eyes, I pay for the items and grab the bag and started walking home in the dark.

Once I get home, I go straight into the spare bedroom and use the tests.

While waiting for the tests to fully work I find myself pacing back and forth impatiently stressing.

I am a 17-year-old, who's boyfriend is leaving soon and won't be able to do this myself. I have no idea what I'm going to do if these tests do turn out positive.

Pacing around for another two minutes, all the tests are finally ready.

Picking up the first test, I almost drop it.

Positive.

Placing it back down on the bench, I walk over to the mirror and study over my features finding my eyes swollen up with tears.

After feeling myself panic for a while, I finally pull myself together and look at the other tests which all gave me the same answer.

Looking finally at the final test, I lift it up looking over the clear blue company label not wanting to turn it over.

When I eventually do turn it over, I find a sob escaping my lips as I whisper out the results.

"I'm 8 weeks pregnant!"

Hearing a crash behind me, I turn around and see Jake who is now on the ground kneeling before me.

Walking towards him, I kneel in front of him and feel myself breakdown before him.

"I'm so fucking sorry Jake. I didn't mean for this to happen. You're supposed to be leaving in a week and a half. This wasn't supposed to happen."

Shaking his head, he places his hands onto my cheeks wiping away the streaming tears.

"No. Please don't apologise. Baby, this isn't your fault. If anything, it is mine. I'm here with you Clarisa. I'm not running and I'm so fucking sorry for ever breaking your heart and making you think otherwise. I will never leave you. You're my world Clarisa."

Placing his hands away from my cheeks, he places them onto my stomach, stroking it.

"This... Right, her is all I've ever wanted. Us together happy. Starting a future. I know I'm leaving but we can work it out. I will do everything in my power to not ruin this for us. Plus, in a year, we can move to Melbourne together and get a place while you're at school. We can make it worse. This is my world. Right here in front of me. I love you with everything in me."

Nodding my head, I place my hands on hips and focus on my breathing calming myself down.

"Looks like that spare rooms going to be needed sooner than we thought."

Grabbing the test from the ground behind me, I pass it to him letting him read the result himself.

Smiling cautiously, I watch as a tear level his eyes as his body lights up in happiness and warmth.

"I know but we can work this out. I love you, Sunshine."

Placing one hand on my stomach, I watch as he rubs circles along my skin.

"I love you too my little Sunflower."