"No ... well, now maybe. You're my hero! My name is Bolin. That's my sister, and I'm dating your granddaughter- I mean, kind of. I may have screwed that up, but that's why I'm here and you're my hero! And that's my sister- Oh, I said that. Can I have a hug, too?"

"What's up with him?" Toph asks, not amused by my brother.

"You'll have to excuse my brother, he's just a really big fan of yours."

"So you already checked the city for Su?" Lin asks changing the subject. "How did you know she was captured?"

"I've been living in the swamp and keeping watch on Zaofu through the vines."

"Sure, okay, makes sense," Bolin adds.

Poor guy is still confused. He doesn't know how the vines work yet.

"By the time I got here, they were gone. I snooped around town and heard that they were taken away to some nearby prison camp."

"Where would that be?" I ask my brother.

"There's a factory and reeducation facility not too far away," he answers embarrassingly, probably ashamed by his past actions.

"How do you know that?" Toph asks.

"Bolin used to work for Kuvira," Opal answers.

I put my hand on his back trying to comfort him. I know he must feel horrible, but he has to understand that the only thing that matters is that he's here now.

"How did you end up dating the kind of dipstick who works for Kuvira?" Toph asks her granddaughter.

"Used to," Bolin and I correct her.

"It's not his silver tongue, I can tell you that," Lin says while walking away.

"It's ok, Boli. All that matters is that you're here now, and you're going to be a hero for helping take down Kuvira. Plus, I think you're getting on Opal's good side," I whisper to my brother.

He smiles down at me. We then make our way over to the rest of the group.

...

"So let me ask you about metalbending," Bolin says to Toph. "Su tried to teach me, but I couldn't get the hang of it, and turns out my little sister did."

"My bad," I apologize.

I felt really bad about being able to metalbend when Bolin was struggling. But hey, now he's a lavabender, and that's really cool if you ask me! I wish I could lavabend.

"I used to have an academy to train metalbending. Even blockheads like you can figure it out with the right instruction," Toph answers.

I know that's her personality, but I hate how mean she is to my brother. She's done nothing but insult him since they've met. Bolin has been nothing but kind to her, so, and I say this respectfully, she needs to back off.

"Yeah, you're a real sensitive instructor, " Lin says sarcastically.

"I did learn how to lavabend."

"Really? It's a very rare ability," she says sounding oddly impressed. "Maybe you do have some talent."

That's more like it.

"I can't believe ... you think I'm talented? That means so much to me coming from my hero," my brother says happily.

I'm happy for him.

"Yeah, she's real encouraging,"Lin again says sarcastically.

"Hey! I'm blind, not deaf."