Epilogue

We buried William's body deep within Red Dawn territory. When people started to question his whereabouts I simply told him that I didn't know. I didn't want the pack to look at James differently if they found out the truth.

The James that tortured William was lost, sad, and confused and not the James they have grown to know and love.

It has been 3 weeks since that faithful night and James and I have never been closer our love never stronger. We quikly fell back into the groove of things, hanging out teaching each other things like the piano and cooking, exploring the woods together in wolf form, and makin love every night.

That's not to say that we haven't had a few bumps in the road mainly from the old members of Blood Howl. James finally got the courage to introduce himself to them and let's just say it was an interesting reunion.

Insults and snickers flew at James after he made his title known. I wanted to rip off every one of their heads for disrespecting my mate but James stopped me and said that he would take care of it. I left the meeting room to cool off. I was gone no more than 5 minutes but when I came back every member in the room had their head bowed to James in recognition of a more dominant powerful wolf. I looked at James and he had his held high authority radiating off of him. He sent me a wink and I smiled encouragingly at him. I don't know what he did or what he said but I was so proud of him. He never had a problem out of any of them again.

Yep everything was perfect until.......

(***Retching***)

I stand up woozy and flush the toilet. I have been sick for the last four days now. At first I just hoped it was food poisoning but after a few days of the morning sickness not impoving I know I cannot ignore the truth.

James had questioned me about my Heat a couple weeks back I just told him it was over since I had not felt any more spikes. Which is what I assumed but what if it stopped because I had gotten pregnant.

There I said it. The dreaded "P" word. Shivers run through my body because the truth of the matter is I know that I had slept with both Dallas and James the day of my last spike.

I wash my mouth out and decide I need to know for sure before I begin freaking out. I open an mind-link with Doctor Gage.

"Doc"

"Yes Alpha"

"Could you meet me down in the clinic. I'm not feeling too well I want you to check me out"

"I'm already here you can come on down when you are ready"

"On my way"

I cut off the link and walk out my room heading to the basement. On my way down the hallway Dallas walks out his room . I don't need a confrontation with him right now. I have been avoiding him like the plague these last couple of week, but every time we do you have the unfortunate chance to be in the same room he gives me these strange looks and constantly stares at my abdomen. There's this old wives tale that a male werewolf can tell before the female wolf if their coupling resulting in a pup, that there is a strong connection between father and child.

I quickly push that terrifying  thought out of my mind and walk past Dallas as if he's not even there. I make it to basement and I hear Brittany and Dr. Gage voices ring out.

"I don't want it in me Doc"

"Brittany there is nothing I can do. Abortions for werewolves are much different than human procedures it could kill you"

"I don't want his monster"

"Brittany-"

"Just forget it"

I hear the clicking of heels and Brittany exits the clinic. She seems shocked to see me in the hall "Alpha" she nods her head to me and keep on her way.

I can only speculate what that was about but it isn't any of my business so I continue on.

"Alpha" Gage gives me a warm smile when I enter the clinic.

"How's it going Gage" I smile back.

"As well as it could. So what seems to be the problem?"

"Well I have been getting very sick these past couple of days and I just wanted you to take some tests and see if you can figure out what's wrong with me"

"Of course have a sit and we can get started"

After running numerous tests the doctor left the room for a few minutes, when he return he had a cheerful smile on his face.

"Alpha Amber you have nothing to worry about its just a stomach bug"

This is what he said in my fantasy world but in reality I heard...

"Congratulations Alpha you're pregnant."

My world becomes silent as I take in this news. It isn't fair I'm suppose to be over the moon with joy but instead I don't know how to feel. There's so many questions in my head and conflicting emotions. I guess I knew all along that I was pregnant I just was really hoping I wasn't. I have to ask the doctor one more question but I know if I do he will inevitably figure out my dark secret but I have no choice.

"What's wrong Alpha are you getting sick again?" Dr. Gage hands me a small cup of water and I down it with one gulp.

"No I'm fine Gage I do have a question though" I look down at my hands I can't face him while I ask.

"Sure ask away"

"I know that while a female mate is in Heat only the male mate can smell it but is he also the only one who can impregnate her?"

There's a long pause of silence. I reluctantly look up at him. What I see makes me feel even more ashamed of disloyalty to James.

I see disappointment and shock before he quickly masks it. He clears his throat "Well yes the female mate can conceive a child from someone who isn't her mate during her Heat"

I have one final hope "Can she only conceived during spikes?" If his answer is yes the baby is more than likely James.

"No Alpha"

Fuck

"Although she is more susceptible during spikes she can also conceive during the grace periods."

Of Course

I get out the chair and walk to the door I don't want to hear anymore at least not right now "I can trust that you will keep this between us right?" I look back over my shoulder and fix him with a stare.

"You have no worries Alpha"

I nod my head and leave.

I walk towards the steps in a haze. I have to tell James. Hell I have to Dallas as well but what do I tell them. I don't expect either one of them to keep this a secret. I think I will wait until I can come up with a plan to keep my mate and inform both men im pregnant with their baby.

Easy Perfect Plan. I mentally roll my eyes and sigh.

Suddenly a loud piercing alarm wails through the air breaking my thoughts. I curse under my breath and rush up the basement steps subconsciously shielding my abdomen with one hand, that alarm can only mean rogues and lots of them.

What else could go wrong today.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
To Be Continued In Book 2 Titled Losing Her Mate

*°~*°~ *°~ *°~ *°~ *°~ *°~*

VOTE-COMMENT-VOTE-COMMENT-VOTE !!!!! ^_^