Chapter TWO

It doesn't take long before we hear the familiar sound of footsteps coming down the steps. They grow louder as they fall upon the hardwood floor of the hallway leading into the dining area. The pack is beginning to awake.  One by one they file into the room. Most of them already freshly dressed for the day, others still dawning rumpled pajamas and serious cases of bed hair  Per previous orders our heads remain downcast our eyes fixed to the beige marble tiles on the floor. We are omegas an thus deemed unworthy to look into the eyes  our superiors. Our presence here is  only one of the many cruel psychological tortures we are forced to endureto remind us of our lowly position no doubt .  We stand  forced to watch them eat a bounty of food  that we prepared but are unable to partake in ourselves. Our stomach audible growl at the delectable aromas coming from the table anxiously waiting for relief.  I wonder if bacon taste as amazing as it smells?

We aren't allowed to eat anything but this gray powder that turns into a  porridge like soup when we add water.  Its completely tasteless and sticks in the throat like glue. I'm not really sure what it is or if its even food. It comes in  50 gallon barrel that says for veterinary use only in red bold letters on the lid. We're told  its filled with  all the essential vitamins to keep us alive but none of of the ones to give us a significant amount of energy or strength. I chance a quick peak up at the pile of bacon sitting on the table. What I wouldn't do for a taste. 

Maybe next time when we cook it I can-  No James bad thoughts. I hammer that fantasy away before its can grow and make me act rash. If any omega is ever caught eating any of the packs food there is always swift humiliating punishment. We've all learned this the hard way. Poor Oliver still walks funny after he was caught by a sentry secretly eating an potato he'd stolen from the pantry.  I look back down to the floor.

Suddenly the atmosphere shifts. A foreboding change like the way it feels right before a devastating earthquake or deadly tsunami. My wolf perks up and  a chill runs up my spine. This feeling can only signal one thing.  My anxiety spikes my heart beats faster and I begin to sweat. 

Our Alpha is coming.

No sooner that I make the connection he steps into the room. Alpha William Caldwell III in all his sadistic, egotistic, asshole glory.  He stands about 6'3 with dark chestnut colored hair that he keep shaved down in a military cut and dark almost black eyes. Immediately Like a heat seeking missile I feel his gaze land on me. I never understood know why but he always singles me out  as if he has it it out for me.He comes over to where I'm standing with his current slut of the week right behind him. The over powering scent of sex on them makes me want to vomit. I hope my disgust isn't apparent.

"You didn't finish your chores yesterday omega!", he snarls. I can feel the anger rolling off of him while his slut stands there and giggles hoping for bloodshed.

I was prepared for this.

While cleaning Beta Charles room, Alpha Williams best friend, yesterday I accidentally knocked over a lamp breaking it. While trying to clean up the mess Beta Charles walked in and took in the scene. His face changed from indifference to anger within a second.

He walks over to where I am kneeling cleaning up the glass and punches me in the face so hard my nose broke and became a faucet. I collapse onto the floor onto,to my shattered nose.

"You worthless clumsy idiot!" he snarls.

He then proceeded to stomp my head and chest. I cried and screamed out begging him to stop telling him it was an accident and I'll fix it . I could feel ribs cracking and eventually breaking. He kicked me one last time and there was the most excruciating pain. I believe one of my broken ribs was poking an organ. When he finished he spit in my face.

"I don't wanna see you when I get back", he walked out.

It took me a little over an hour to get off the floor and to my room. I knew I still had the Alpha's room to complete but I just didn't have the strength to do it. I needed to rest so my wolf could heal me.

Today I will accept the consequences. I just hope it's not so bad considering the offense was minimum but like I said he's a sadistic jerk.

The Alpha reaches over and yanks my head back with my hair so I'm looking at his face.

"You will meet me in my office after breakfast. I will deal with you then", and with that he releases me punches me in the stomach then walks off.

I catch my breath and look over to see the pitying stares from the rest of the omegas. It's never a good thing to be called to the Alpha's office. It's where he keeps all his tools of torture. I can only hope I live through this.

*°~*°~ *°~ *°~ *°~ *°~ *°~*

VOTE-COMMENT-VOTE-COMMENT-VOTE !!!!! ^ _^