Chapter TEN

Amber POV

While unconscious my mate shifts back into his human. His wolf must not have had enough strength to maintain his shape. That's not a good sign.

I shift back as well to be able to carry him better. I pick up his body and run back to my pack house. His skin is starting to cool and his breathing is becoming thready.

"Don't you dare die on me" I command hoping he will pick up on my Alpha tone which makes lower ranked wolves unable to disobey " I don't even know your name"

I jump over logs and rocks hoping I'm not jostling him too much. The blood from his shoulder wound has slowed down a bit but it's still leaking onto my chest soaking my t-shirt.

It's was about a 20 minute run in human form and I make it in 10 minutes. Once I see the house in the distance I mind-link our pack doctor to meet me in the clinic for an emergency.

I rush up the steps to the house and burst through the doors. I get a few strange looks from some of the pack members but I ignore them heading to the basement where the clinic is located.

I rush through the waiting area and to a room where I can sense the Doctor is already waiting for me in. I burst through the door and spot him prepping tools.

Doctor Gage is a middle-aged man with salt and pepper colored hair and a slightly rotund phsyique. He's the Head of our medical facility and right now my mates only hope.

"Doc you have to help him" I lay my mate down as gently as possible on a gurney.

Without asking any questions he gets to work. I pace back and forth anxiously. Every whimper he makes in his sleep while the doctor dresses his wound hurts my heart.

My mate is in a pitiful state and not just the shoulder wound. I couldn't help but notice his malnourished body and all of the old injuries that mare his skin when the doctor cut away his clothing.

It's taking alot of control keeping my wolf in. All she wants to do is raise hell and avenge our mate. 'We need answers from him first' I remind her.  She huffs in my mind but finally agrees.

I look back over to him and tears begin to fill up my eyes. What happened to you?

*******

It takes about 3 hours for the doctor to finish cleaning, stitching, wrapping, and giving him a blood tranfusion. I don't leave his side the entire time.

"Well Alpha I believe he will make it" Doc Gage says while cleaning his hands in a clinic sink.

I can not begin to describe my relief at his words. For the past 3 hours nothing else mattered in my world but him. I even blocked my pack from my mind asking their contant questons about the rogue. He's going to be alright.

"Although" Gage interrupts my thoughts, "If he doesn't wake soon I might have to give him a feeding tube. He needs to eat to strengthen his wolf. The stronger the wolf the quicker the recovery."

"I will keep you posted Doc and thank you" the doctor bows his head and leaves the room. Now it's just him and me.

I walk over to the gurney and gaze down. He is very beautiful. Even through the trauma I can see it. He has beautiful tan skin the color of light caramel indicated he must have an exotic background. I stroke his cheek and the sparks our skin make sends tingles up my arm. He shudders involuntarily in his sleep.

"I hope you understand why I have to do this" I whisper down at him still stroking his cheek.

I lift him off of the gurney and carry him out the room and down the hall. I am taking him to a room where all captured rogues go. The interrogation room A.K.A the torture room.

*°~*°~ *°~ *°~ *°~ *°~ *°~*

VOTE-COMMENT-VOTE-COMMENT-VOTE !!!!! ^ _^