The Shower

*WARNING: Flashbacks are italic, Long chap*

"Awe..Thank you! Thank you all! We really love all the presents."

A month past, Glimmer and Bow decided to do a mini baby shower since they had grown inpatient. As they were showing the presents they got, Adora couldnt help but look at some of Glimmer and Bow's family members that had kids.

It's been a month since Catra popped the 'baby' question.

———

"Catra-"

"Look I know I know..It's too soon a-and we don't even know how but.." Catra sat up and took Adora's hands in hers and stared at her straight in the eyes. "Adora Im not kidding when I said that I want to be with you, I'm in for the long haul, and my long haul also includes kids...i-if you want." Adora stares back at her fiancé who seemed deadly serious.

"I...I didn't know you were so fond of wanting kids." That's all Adora could say.
Catra chuckled nervously as she put one of her hands behind her neck, rubbing it nervously, "I didn't know I wanted some either until I started working around them."

They both looked at each other, unsure of what to say next. Catra then looked anywhere else but Adora, "Look...I'm not going to force you..if you aren't ready that's totally fine..I just want you to know I'm ready for what ever you're ready for."

Adora looked away, "C-Can we talk about this later?" Catra looked at her and nodded. They both laid back down, trying to forget the awkwardness of the convo.

——-

But later...never came.

"I'm going to get some brownies, want any?" Adora turned to Catra. Catra smiled and shook her head, "No thanks, I'm good." Adora gave her a nod as she made her way to the mini desert table (bare with me idek if it's spelled right) and saw Glimmer.

"Hey Glim, really pretty shower." Adora smiled as Glimmer ate a brownie. "Thanks Adora, I didn't think We'd be able to pull it off." Adora giggled and then stared at the treats, then back at Glimmer. "Glimmer...How did you feel when you first found out you were pregnant?" Glimmer hummed as she patted her mini baby bump, "Hmm, I was a bit scared since we weren't even engaged or married at the time but.." Glimmer looked at Adora and smiled, "I was so overjoyed and Bow took it pretty well too. Oh you should have seen his face when he found out he was going to be a dad."

Adora looked over at Bow, who was tearing up over a pair of mini onesies, and smiled. She was so thrilled for her friends. She then turned over to her fiancé who was laughing with one of Bow's cousins as Catra held the woman's baby. The sight of Catra making the baby laugh practically melted her heart.
Okay..Maybe Adora did want a kid..but how could they-

"Ooo, whatcha thinking about?"

Glimmer interrupted the girl's thoughts. Adora looked at Glimmer, "Huh? Oh just um..Thinking about a 'Set A Date'. Have you guys set one yet?" "Yep! November 3rd."Glimmer smiled.

Adora blinked, "Wow Glimmer that's um..that's pretty close." "Naw, don't worry we practically have everything set up." Glimmer then heard Bow call her over. "Gotta Go, but you should come too. It's 'guess the date'." Glimmer walked over to Bow as Adora giggled and walked back to Catra.

-----

Once the two made it home from the party, Catra got out of the parked car and stretched her arms. "Wow, I never knew baby showers could last until 3 am." Adora giggled a bit as she got out of the car, "Well, that's Glimmer for you..Treating every party like it's the last."

The two girls both laughed as they walked up to their door and unlocked it. As soon as they made it in, Adora set her things on a nearby mini table as Catra took her sweater off. Adora looked at her fiancé.

...Oh boy she looked at her alright.

"Like what you see?" Catra snapped her out of her daze as she smirked. "Of course I do." Adora smiled as she made her way up to her fiancé and wrapped her arms around her neck. Catra took ahold of her waist and practically stared at her with heart eyes.

"Alright, now what do you want?"

Adora looked her, "Why, what ever do you mean?" She mocked. Catra rolled her eyes playfully, "Come on, I know you act sappy when you want something." Adora giggled, "Okay, okay.." Her expression, then, turned to nervousness.

"Do..do you remember that conversation we were having a month ago?" Catra nodded slowly, "Yeaaa, what's up?" "Well..I've been thinking about it."

"You..You have?"

"Of course I have..and I've been thinking..maybeee I do."

Catra blinked, "Wait what?" Adora giggled a bit, "I want kids, Catra. But I want to start off slow..with just one." Catra, who was completely stunned, asked again, "Wait what?"

Adora rolled her eyes playfully, but gave her fiancé a kiss on the lips anyways, "I want to have one kid first." Catra finally clicked all the pieces together and gave Adora a sympathetic smile, "You don't have to if you don't want to...I don't wanna force you."

"But you aren't forcing me, I gave it a thought, and I want to have kids with you Catra...I've seen how good you are with kids and I know you'll be a great mother."
Adora smiled. Catra couldn't hold back her excitement any longer and spun Adora around as they both laughed and smiled.

As soon as they calmed down, Adora took a hold of Catra's face and put their foreheads together, "Let's do it..Lets have a kid." Catra smiled.

"But..there's a catch.." Adora said.

"Anything." Catra simply said. Adora smiled and told her, "I want to adopt first..Having a biological baby is really expensive and we don't have the budget for it at the moment..and I want to adopt after the wedding.."

Catra smiled, "Anything is fine with me." Catra then took a hold of Adora's hands, "Also...I set a date."
Adora blinked.

"Wait what?"

🌈Until next time