The Untold Secret

"Hey babe! I'm home- um, what happened, uh, here?" Adora smiled changed to confusion as she walked thru the door. There were pillows everywhere and the couch looked a bit of a wreck. Sooner or later, Catra popped her head up from behind the couch, "Hey there princess! So glad you're homeee, how was Glimmer's?"

"It was...interesting. But not as interesting as this-what are you doing?" Adora asked. Catra got up and nervously laughed, "Ahhh Ha, nothing! Absolutely nothing at all!" She came near Adora and gave her a quick peck on the lips, "Did I tell you that you look beautiful today? Feel like I should say that more often."

Adora put her hands on her hips as she smirked, "Okay, what did you lose?" Catra looked at her wide eyed and then laughed, "I-You think I lost something? Oh Baby, you are funny! How could you possibly think I would lose something?"

Okay yea...she may have lost something.

"Are you sureee? I could help you look for it if you like?" Adora asked as she tried crouching down but was stopped by Catra. "NO! I mean...Ah ha, you've done so much, how about you take a nap? You must be exhausted!" Adora looked at her, "Are you sure you're okay?" "Pfft, I'm fine! Come on babe, you look really tired." Catra lured her into their bedroom, "You just, take a nap here and I'll look for...Melog's toy!" She beamed as she went into the living room leaving a confused Adora, "Ooookay?"

———

Fuck fuck fuck

Catra could not BELIEVE that she lost the ring! HOW?! Could she lose something this valuable?!

"Shit shit shit.. maybe it's-"

Ding Dong!

Catra heard the doorbell. "Catra? Who is it?" Adora said from the other room. "Uhh, don't worry! I got it!" Catra said as she went to open the door. "HEY HORDE-" Catra quickly covered the person's mouth. "Sparkles! What are you doing here? Didn't you just see Adora a few hours ago?" Catra whispered. Glimmer took Catra's hand off her mouth,

"No? I came-"

"Doesn't matter, I'm looking for something right now and the last thing I want right now is for Adora to try and help." Catra cut her off as she went back to searching. "Maybe I can help you?" Glimmer offered as she saw the girl go down on the floor, "You look...kinda sad." Catra looked at her and facepalmed, "Ah ha..no. Knowing you, you wouldn't be able to keep a secret even if I begged." Glimmer scoffed, "You? Begging? Well I would love to see that one day."

Catra ignored her as she kept searching, "Look, all I could say is that you drop off whatever you need to drop off and I'll go back to searching for-"

"Hey, what's this?"

Catra looked up to see someone holding what she was exactly looking for....

...unfortunately it was in the hands of someone that shouldn't have seen it...

...Adora was holding the ring.

Glimmer gasped a little as Catra froze. Fuck fuck fuck I'm screwed, I'm so screwed, goodbye paradise proposal.

"I found this gorgeous ring in our room, do you know where it's from?" Adora asked. "Oh, hey Glimmer!" Adora's mood quickly changed to panic. "Funny seeing you here..What are you doing here?"

Catra, who was still frozen, finally spoke. "She came by..to get her ring back! Yea! Isn't that your ring, Sparkles?" Glimmer looked at the girl, getting the hint.

"Uhhh YES! Yes I have been..looking! Practically dying for that ring! Ah ha, silly silly me." Glimmer said as she took the ring from Adora, "Yep, I left here by accident when we were having game night. My promise ring, yep-"

"Stop talking." Catra quickly said, still smiling at Adora.

"Oh, well it's nice. I'm glad I helped." Adora smiled as she was suddenly about to go into the room. As soon as she walked into the room, Catra let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. She then turned to Glimmer who had the biggest smirk on her face.

"...Can you..not? Look at me like that?" Catra said as she quickly snatched the ring. "Awee, look who's FINALLY growing a pair!" Glimmer said. "Excuse me?" Catra asked unfazed. "It took you this long? TO POP A QUESTIO-" "Shh! Not so loud okay? I haven't asked yet." Catra said.

"Well duh, I clearly get that. Anyways, I promise I won't say anything." Glimmer huffed. "Thank you..Now, why are you here again? Didn't Adora see you hours ago?" Catra asked.

"Um..no? I came to drop off her sweater-what are you talking about?" Glimmer asked in confusion.

Catra looked at her, "What do you mean? She didn't leave her sweater at your house when you two where talking about a baby shower?" Glimmer looked at the girl, more confused than her, "What baby shower? Catra...Adora left this sweater a week ago."

Catra's eyes went wide, heart pounding faster by the minute..No..This was a lie? Right? As soon as her mind went completely spiral, Adora walked into the room, "Hey Glimmer..Do you still have that sweater I left a week ago?" She then stopped to see the two girls staring at her, more so, Catra staring at her. "What's wrong with you two?" Adora asked, confused. She then looked at Glimmer and froze..Oh no..

Catra looked at her girlfriend, in disbelief, a look she has never given her...

"...Where were you?"

🌈Until next time