°44°

This chapter is dedicated to osunsanmibusola for being the first to comment doing the last chapter.

Enjoy.

                      ~°~°~°~°~

               °Jeremiah's POV°

The waters covered my head, as I swam my forth lap. Once I'd gotten to the edge, I took in a long breath and helped myself out of the pool. I walked over to the rubber chair I had placed my towel on, then grasped my towel and used it to wipe my face and dampen my hair.

Placing the towel across my shoulders, I moved over to the bench meant for swimmers. I got hold of my backpack in search of my phone. Once I had gotten a hold of it, I decided to dial Felix's number. I sat on the bench as I waited patiently for Felix to pick up. On the forth ring, he finally answered.

"Felix?" I asked, once he had picked up his phone. His environment was so noisy, I wasn't sure he could hear me.

"Hey man, how you doing?" Felix replied at the other end of the phone, his voice slightly deeper.

"Where are you?" I asked out of curiosity.

"At a lecture hall," Felix replied immediately. "It's so annoying, none of the Lecturers showed up today."

I could definitely feel the frustration in his tone. "Well you will get use to it, though I don't know the feeling yet."

Felix gave a heartfelt chuckle at the other end. "Jeremiah, what do you want?"

Felix was so smart, he knew I needed something even without witnessing my facial expressions. "Eno's in town."

"I told you that last week," Felix pointed out. "Weird that you're bringing it up. She's there to support Blossom High during the competition, especially the basketball team."

"And you don't?" I raised a brow, though I knew he couldn't see my gesture.

"Come on Jeremiah, the basketball team was never my team." He stated the fact. If I wasn't mistaken, I could hear some amusement in his tone.

"It was your girlfriend's team. Be a man and support her." Felix busted out into a fit of laughter, after hearing my comment.

"I don't think Eno is the reason you want me there, Jeremiah. Some thing's up." Felix said, figuring it all out. "Saviour told me about your trip to his school, in search of someone. He also informed me about you guys finding a dead body."

I was quiet for a second. Of course, Saviour would have informed his bestfriend. "You knew and said nothing?"

"I was waiting for you to confined in me." His voice suddenly became low and husky. "You're my family friend, Jeremiah. You did help me in the case of Eno and that was because I asked for your help. You shouldn't hesitate if you need mine."

My head was low. I wasn't thinking though, I just kept scolding myself for not asking for help sooner. Plus, I wasn't in need of their help then. But I do now, if I really wanted to get hold of that autopsy. I was happy he was understanding.

Felix voiced out again, which prompted me to lift my head up. "You're extremely smart, Jeremiah. I'm sure you can find the killer even without our help."

He was right. I just needed much faith in myself. "Thank you, Felix."

After some few silence, Felix decided to speak up again. "You know, I do have a plane ticket to Lagos." My face brightened as I heard his words. "The gang and I had agreed to have a get together, after the competition. I was planning to leave after classes."