Chapter 9

(AN)

I'm pretty sure there aren't any super necessary tw in this story, but let me know if I need to mention one :)

...

It had been three weeks since (Y/N) had come home from the hospital after her kidnapping. Hotch gave her the four weeks off before she could come in and do desk work, she still needed months off before she could head back into the field.  She could walk of course and had no physical problems, but it was mostly to do a mental performance test, which she knew she would ace. However, today was the day she was supposed to head back to work at the BAU, Hotch couldn't stand her begging, and allowed her to head back to the BAU faster, plus they would need her help with this case. 

The entirety of the three weeks no one talked to (Y/N) except Garcia. Garcia would bring her gift baskets full of fruit, muffins, vegetarian things she knew she'd never eaten, but she enjoyed the effort. Garcia also always came in for a drink of wine and gave updates on the cases they were working on every Friday. 

(Y/N) expected people to be mad once they found out about her real name and her real family, but she didn't expect the only people she really called her family to exile her. She knew she wanted to make a big entrance when coming back to the BAU. (Y/N) was very big about making a statement when she was pissed off. 

She woke up the morning she was supposed to return to the office grinning. She ripped her blankets off her, turned off her alarm, and put on some music that made her feel like a bad bitch. She went to the bathroom and started on her hair, straightening it so that it elegantly flew over her shoulder when she'd flip it. She practiced walking, making sure that her hair brushed past her shoulders when she did so. Then she started on her makeup. She put on eyeliner, mascara, blush, and bright red lipstick. 

A memory quickly resurfaced, she remembered Charles holding up a mirror in front of her as he took bright red lipstick and smeared it across her lips perfectly. He didn't miss a spot, didn't cross the lips. As he held the mirror, he rubbed the lipstick smearing it across her face, in both directions. He made her look like a clown, she made her look how he wanted her to feel. (Y/N) blinked and was brought back to reality looking into the mirror she saw that she had smeared her lips stick. 

"Mother fucker," she shouted, getting closer to the mirror to inspect her mistake. She wiped off the lipstick she smeared and re-applied it in a nude pink tone. Then she put on a tight-fitting white polo underneath her brown suit jacket, with tight jeans that showed off her ass. The polo hugged her boobs tight, and she undid the first button to reveal some cleavage. She wore a thong to show off her butt even more. (Y/N) grabbed her black bag and her keys and went on her way. She joyfully hopped into her car, put the keys in the ignition, and began to drive away, continuing the playlist she began earlier. 

She walked in, pushing through the glass doors her first day looking to see if anyone would care that she would be coming back, the place was dead silent and empty. She wanted to see if anyone noticed how great she looked, nothing. (Y/N) noticed JJ standing in the conference room, so she headed on her way up there. 

...

*Earlier that week*

"Guys (Y/N)'s birthday is a week before the day she's scheduled to come back, I asked Hotch if he could let her come a little early so we could surprise her," Garcia says to everyone that morning at the round table. This was the other reason she was allowed to come back early. 

"Has anyone talked to her recently?" Garcia continues. 

"No," Morgan says trailed by the same response from JJ, Emily, and Rossi. 

"Keep it that way," Garcia begins. 

"I want her to think that the only person who cares is me and then we will all come out and surprise her," Garica says excitedly. Reid still hadn't said anything. He was alienating (Y/N) on purpose, he was mad that she could've lied to him about who she really was. However, he was mostly mad at himself for falling for someone he truly didn't know, even more, mad about how he told her he loved her which he did, he just didn't know if he could still love her knowing all he did now.

"Wow Garcia, you really do just want to be everyone's favorite don't you baby girl," Morgan says laughing. 

...

*Present*

(Y/N) continued to walk up the ramp into the conference room, strutting, and as she opens the door everyone screamed, "happy birthday!" 

She was overwhelmed by the fact that they had remembered because she hadn't even herself, she was too busy recovering and wondering why all her friends refused to talk to her. Once all the excitement of the whole surprise party had died down, she began to notice that Spencer wasn't there.

She walked out of the conference room to go talk to Hotch and figure out where Reid was when she sees him opening up the glass doors. She runs over to him, stopping halfway after feeling a sharp pain in her leg. I guess the leg wasn't back in full condition but that wasn't the important part, the important part was getting to Spencer. (Y/N) continued running over to his desk. 

"Hey, why weren't you at my epic birthday bash," (Y/N) says giggling looking up at the people still dancing around the conference room, placing her hand on Spencer's desk. 

"Slept in I guess," Reid says in a monotone voice, avoiding eye contact, keeping his head down, and flipping through old case files. 

"Okay what's wrong, you told me you loved me and now it's like I don't even exist to you anymore. Love doesn't go away that fast unless you never really did cause that would make a lot more sense," (Y/N) bursts out. She was irritated, why was he ignoring her like this, the rest of the team threw a god damn surprise party for her and he was just going to say he slept in. 

Reid slammed the case file shut getting the attention of the whole team, "I fell in love with (Y/N) Smith, not the girl who lied to me and broke my heart. How did you even know that anyways, you were unconscious, or did you lie about that too." Spencer then proceeded to walk out of the BAU brushing into her shoulder as he made his way out. (Y/N) stepped back appalled. She knew that it probably hurt him what she did but she didn't know it hurt him this bad. 

She looked up and saw Hotch staring at her from his office window with a phone to his ear, and the rest of the team from the conference room windows, standing, mouths wide open in their party hats. She ran out the door and into the bathroom, not a care in the world for the pain shocking her leg. (Y/N) began to cry, uncontrollably. Garcia knocks on the bathroom door and asks to come in. 

"I'm not really feeling it right now thanks though Garcia," (Y/N) says. 

"I understand that you're hurting and we all saw it and it was harsh, but we've got a case," Garcia says before she slowly walks away. (Y/N) got up and wiped off her tears, cleaned her mascara and eyeliner up, and walked out of the bathroom and into the conference room. She wasn't even supposed to work cases, what case could this possibly be that needed her attention. 

...

(AN)

HEYYYY YALL honestly I really like this chapter, it's pretty short but I like it. Anyways, school has been kicking my ass so I'm trying to release everything as soon as possible and everything. Anyways, hope yall enjoyed. Thanks for reading!