Introduction

A little girl around the age of five sits at a small wooden dining room table with three seats surrounding it. She took up one, of course, sitting on her knees, with her dirty light up sketchers ruining her black leggings counting shapes for her math homework. She hears police sirens getting closer and closer, it wasn't a big deal though because that happened often, however, these ones seemed to never go away. 

Her parents were in the basement like always. 

This little girl never asked for help from her parents because they were too busy with work to ever help her, so she'd find other ways to figure it out. Her parents always told her their work was top secret. She thought they meant they worked a cool job with the government or something. She soon would learn that that wasn't the case.

The police sirens she was hearing had suddenly stopped, then came a banging at the door. A man yelled, " (Y/D/First/N) and (Y/M/Full/N) open up."

"It's the FBI," he adds. The little girl then got up from the kitchen table and opened the door. She assumed it was her parent's work.

"It's the child," the man screamed. She would later get to know this man as Rossi, but that's for later. He motions her over to the other agents surrounding her house. The agent who she had seen at the door lifted her up and set her down outside the door frame on the small concrete circle steps. Another agent ran over to her and walked her out near the black SUV's that surrounded her douse. The little girl looked around and saw all of her neighbors looking at her, staring at her. She pulled on this other man's arm of his suit and asked;

"Do you guys need my mommy and daddy for a case or something, they say their work is top secret, but I sometimes sneak into the basement. I know what they're doing," -her high-pitched giggles interrupt her sentence- "Mommy and daddy make special potions for you guys to use on the bad guys right?" The little girl finishes. 

The man squats down to her eye level and says, "Mommy and daddy did some bad things, and are in big trouble but don't you worry everything will be alright."

The man seemed very sure everything would be just fine, but all the little girl could think about was how she could possibly be wrong about what they were doing. She heard rumbling around the house, shouting, and threats making their way out into her little ears. Her parents walked out in hand-cuffs both trailed by agents, one was the man she had seen at the door when she first opened it, the other was a younger man. They were walking in slow motion, it was like she was watching a movie or something. 

...

It was 12 am on June 14th, the little girl was now 18, her life would change forever from this point on. She just submitted her new name, and she may or may not have sealed her adoption records so no one could find her through her adoptive parents. She loved them, but it was just too easy for people to be able to find her past this way. She was going to start a new life, go to law school, catch the people like her parents, totally basic, but it was a career that was meant for her. She was getting away from the town, the people, the place where she no longer felt welcome, she no longer felt happy. Who knew that even behind bars her parents could still ruin her life.