Chapter 17

(AN)

TRIGGER WARNING: Mention of cutting (not sh related)

...

"See I just don't see what you two see in each other, you're both decently attractive people I guess. At least to society's standards. But you're both a bunch of liars. You know your team thinks they're close to getting you, they think you're in a shipping yard, you're not. Sorry. You're sadly in the middle of a junkyard, they're not close. I did convince them that you were there by just swinging the lightbulb before taking the video, I still have plenty of time with both of you," Charles says.

"And Dr. Reid, how could you possibly smile in the situation you're in. Do you enjoy having your secrets spilled to the person you didn't want to have known them the most?" Charles continues.

"I don't enjoy my secrets being spilled, but I don't have any more secrets, I take joy in knowing you have nothing more of mine to share," Spencer says proudly.

"Ooo see you just lied and we weren't even playing yet, so, bidding the rules, I gotta cut up your little girlfriend here," Charles snickers. He played with them, he toyed with his voice, trying to appear sympathetic. But he couldn't hold back his laughter. He giggled to himself as he reached down for the black pocket knife sitting on the table.

"B-but I didn't lie, I swear I don't have any other secrets, she knows about my dead girlfriend, she knows about my mom, she knows about my addiction now, and she knows about Cathrine Adams. What could you possibly be holding against me," Spencer says his voice riddled with worry. He flailed around in the chair attempting to make his way out of the ropes.

"See I'll give you 30 seconds to figure out what secret you're keeping from me, your time starts now," Charles says exaggerating the w. Spencer threw thoughts all around his brain, he didn't know what he was supposedly keeping from Charles.

"15 seconds, here I'll give you a hint," he begins, as he fiddles with his index finger and thumb. "Why didn't you say you wanted to have children with (Y/N) when you were listing all the things you wanted to do with her," Charles finishes off.

"You better hurry up, my hands getting tired, I don't wanna slip do I, oops," Charles says as he places a large gash across her stomach, cutting through the recovering game he played with her when they were last together. A whimper slipping past her lips as the knife sliced across her stomach. 

"I don't know I guess, I guess I missed it, I do want children, I-I just don't want to pass off my crappy genes," Spencer says without thinking.

"See there it is, that's what I was looking for Dr. see, was that so hard," Charles snickers still squatting next to (Y/N)'s seat as she had her eyes tightly shut, awaiting the pain she was enduring with the fresh cut. Soon after registering what Spencer had said, she opened her eyes and held her mouth open surprised by what he had said.

"Well, I'm gonna go now, enjoy!" Charles says to the two of them. His "enjoy" rang through their heads as they looked at each other in deep and utter silence.

...

"Guys we've got nothing here," Morgan says. You could hear the disappointment in his voice.

"Keep looking, we haven't done a full sweep yet, we all know that Charles would keep them hidden but yet public enough for us to find them. Keep looking," Hotch ordered over the phone.

"Alright man," Morgan replies before continuing to search for their team members. You could hear that he doubted these instructions, but he continued forward with them.

Hotch and his group searched every and all shipping containers in the shipping port. There was nothing, no one anywhere. No sign of Reid or (Y/N). Morgan and his group came up with the same results. Nothing.

"Okay, meet back at the BAU," Hotch says over the phone towards the rest of the team. They all headed back towards the BAU driving as fast as they could go. They all knew that they had very few hours left to save their teammates.

When they all arrived at the BAU, they all ran straight to the conference room. Everyone took their seats and were soon followed by Garcia with her laptop.

"Look Hotch we've got nothing, absolutely nothing. What are we gonna do Hotch," Morgan says making eye contact with him. Hotch wouldn't return the favor, he continued to look down at the table, almost studying it.

"What are you thinking?" Rossi asks. 

"Charles is smart," Hotch starts.

"We know that, what are you getting at?" Emily asks.

"He's smart, he knew that we were going to be impulsive and go to the first place we thought of. But he also didn't want us to know the place where they actually are. Let me see that video again Garcia," Hotch finishes.

"Okay," Garcia says hesitantly. "Here you go," she says pointing the remote towards the screen clicking a button, and starting the video. They rewatched the video, and Hotch stopped her halfway through it, that's when he noticed it.

"Wait Garcia go back," he yelled. She complied and rewinded the video back until Hotch told her to stop.

"There," Aaron says. "Do you see it, it's slight, but the camera moves. Garcia, can you slow that clip down?" Hotch asks.

"Sure," she says. She was flustered and felt rushed but she managed to slow the clip down for everyone to notice the slight change in camera angle.

"If we're all thinking what I'm thinking, Charles tried to make it look like the shipping container was in a port. But in reality, it was never on a port, it had been on solid ground the whole time," Morgan said.

"Just where," JJ says.

...

"Spencer are you serious?" (Y/N) asked. She looked at him her eyes filled with pain, she had this whole life with him planned out.

"I mean ya, I've always wanted kids, I love kids and I really do want my own. But if I have kids and I don't have the genes they'll get them. And even if I do get them, they'll have to suffer taking care of me like I had to with my mom. Don't get me wrong I will always love my mom, but watching her go through that was just awful. I can't imagine putting a child through that," Spencer said. He never made eye contact with her, in fact, his eyes never left her feet.

"Spencer, you know that no matter what your kids will love you. And if you want kids so badly, have them. Your little kids won't care, and your wife will not be like your dad, she won't leave. She'll take care of you if anything does happen, it won't be up to your kids. Spencer," she says whimpering. She feared her dream she felt might possibly come true was crumbling in the sad brown eyes that sat in front of her.

"Alrighty, we ready for round 4," Charles says bursting through the door. Speaking as if he was a game show host. No matter how many jokes he decided to make, this didn't feel like a game they could win.

...

(AN)

HEYYYY YALL, I'm not the biggest fan of this chapter but it's whatever. Anyway, I know Spencer never says that, that is why he didn't want any kids, but I thought that it would be a nice addition. Plus I use that as an excuse as to why Spencer never got kids in the show :(. Anyway, I hope yall enjoy it!