Chapter 5

(AN)

Trigger Warning- Abuse mentioned (beating and cutting).

...

The team answers the phone call and a familiar face shows up, Charles appears on the screen.

    "Ah, you answered, took you long enough," Charles says grinning, holding himself in front of the camera leaving the team unable to see anything but Charles' acne scare covered face. He looks dirty, his face was stained with his most recent meal, yet he was still wearing a suit. A black suit similar to the one Spencer was wearing when she saw him last. Charles's black hair was slick back with too much gel, it made him look like a butler in the movies from the 20th century.

    "Where is she," Spencer snarls.

" I swear to god if you hurt her," he continues.

"Which one of you is Spencer Reid?" Charles asks, his grin beginning to fade and become more serious. Spencer looks around to Hotch, he looks for permission to give in and answer the question. Hotch nodded.

    "I'm Spencer Reid, what do you want?" He says gritting his teeth. Spencer pushed his way through the other team members putting himself in front of the camera.

"Oh, so you're the pretty boy she screams for when I beat her, slash at her stomach, and the one she talks about in her dreams, and in case you didn't get the hint I've already hurt her and I'll keep doing it. You might find her but it won't be alive," Charles says with a grin. He knows this is torturing (Y/N) and Spencer.

Charles then moves out of the camera, bringing her into view. Sitting there is (Y/N)'s lifeless body barely hanging on, her head is hung low, and her feet and hands are bound to a small wooden dining table chair. Her hair was knotted beyond repair, her shirt was ripped open, all the bruises and cuts Charles had threatened earlier very visible. Some of which were healing others looked like they had been done right before the phone call.

(Y/N) musters enough strength to lift her head, to make eye contact with her team members, she mouths, "I'm so sorry," before dropping her head again.

    "No!" Spencer screamed at the sight of her. Reid turned around and began to cry into Morgan's shoulder.

"I will call again in an hour, I want everyone present including Garcia. This little liar is going to tell you the truth, here's a hint, you don't even know her real name-" Charles says quickly before abruptly hanging up, closing the computer screen. Before he hung up though they could hear a whimper from their teammate.

    "How does he know our names?" Emily says shakily.

"He's watched us for months, that's the only way that he could possibly know any of this, she's been his target all along, and taking this case led him straight to her," Aaron says gathering the case files and entering the other room filled with their research into this case.

"We've been being followed for months," Rossi says to the remaining team members. Spencer was still crying, he had moved from Morgan's shoulder and just had small tears roll down his cheeks on occasion, along with small sniffles.

Everyone is shaken up from the call, but Morgan calls Garcia to come to Colorado then she says, "Oh my god, did you see what I saw, that was horrible." She sounded flustered and uneasy, she wasn't used to being in the front lines of cases, but the cases weren't usually ones that involved people she loved.

    "We all saw it, but what do you think he meant when he called (Y/N) a liar?" Morgan asked. Everyone, had been avoiding that question;

    "We'll find out in an hour I guess, that hint did nothing, he's just trying to scare us, the best we can do is wait the hour," JJ says gathering the remaining files Hotch left behind.

...

"Ah well that was fun," Charles says in between a fake sigh.

"You son of a bitch," (Y/N) mumbles under her breath.

"What was that sweetheart?" Charles says as he uses his index finger to lift her chin.

(Y/N) stared him right in his eyes and repeated, " You son of a bitch." (Y/N) then bit his finger as hard as she could. She felt her mouth fill with his blood, the sour taste made her spit. She bit off his finger and then spat it on the floor.

"God damn it," Charles screams clutching his hand. He grabbed a white towel he had set on the table full of torture supplies and tightly wrapped it around his finger. Even if she didn't ever get out of this she would have at least left Charles scared for the rest of his life. He used a rubber band to secure the towel around his hand, which wasn't doing much good since the blood was already dripping through the towel.

Charles attempted to pick up the finger fumbling with it as he took it upstairs, she assumed it was to put it on ice and hope that it could be reattached. (Y/N) made sure that, that could never happen, she bit down and tore as she was ripping it off, ensuring that it would never be able to be reattached. (Y/N) took great joy in knowing that she ruined something for the man who had just taken away any and all family she had left, besides her team which she knew no matter what happened he would manage to hurt them too.

(Y/N) heard the door creak open, as well as the steps. Charles came down with his hand wrapped in two more towels still not doing him much good, as the blood had already broken through it.

"God you're lucky my want to kill you in front of your team is as strong as it is because it took almost everything I've got not to just stab you right then and there," Charles says grunting in pain.

"You're going to rot in jail," she mumbles.

"Ah jail he says, I'll be fine there, I mean I will have killed an FBI agent and that will definitely give me some brownie points with everybody," He responds.

"Oh, it's the 30-minute mark till your team gets to watch you tell them exactly what you lied to them about and then die. At least, you can say you died telling the truth," He laughs. He slapped his knee like you would when you pretended that a family member's joke was funny, (Y/N) knew that it was just to toy with her. She kept her head down, staring at her shoeless feet hoping that her team might have something, hoping they were coming for her and she could tell them the truth the way she wanted to, not the way Charles was going to get off out of it.

Charles may have been a revenge killer, but he got off in the pain of watching her awaiting her death. (Y/N) Sat there in silence and immense pain until the creaking came back and Charles returned with the foldable table and the computer.

"Her time was up," she thought.

...

(AN)

HEYYY YALL, this chapter is garbage, and the whole finger thing was weird. But I kinda like it for some reason, so it's gonna stay in here. Anyways, I like the story a lot better, the further on it goes. Anyways, I keep mentioning my other story, but there aren't any published parts, that's because I release a chapter from this story a day, and write one or two of the other stories with that. I just shared that in case anyone was confused about why I keep talking about it but you guys can't see it. Anyways, hope you enjoyed it.