Chapter 8

(AN)

TRIGGER WARNING: Mention of death and resuscitation 

...

"I don't think so," Hotch says and he comes down the stairs followed by Morgan, Reid, and the rest of the team, guns are drawn, and aimed straight for Charles. Charles pulls the bag off his shoulder and drops it to the floor. He begins to laugh, giggle in away.

"Take me to jail I could care less, I did what I wanted to do, kill her, I killed her, She bled out like my mom, slowly and painfully," Charles says as JJ puts him in handcuffs. 

"The only difference was, I didn't make someone who loves her call it in as an accident, I just let them find her dead," He teased. 

The creaks in the floor and door were heard once more as Charles walked up the stairs laughing to himself, happy in his accomplishments. Spencer puts his gun back into its light brown holster at his hip and runs over to her. He looks for her pulse and feels nothing. He began to untie her from the restraints, setting her down on the cold concrete floor. The concrete, almost as cold as she was. 

"No," he cries, holding her head in his arms crying. 

"Medics!" Hotch shouts as he puts his gun away. "We need medics!" 

Morgan rushes over and grabs (Y/N) from Reid's arms and places her on the floor for CPR. As he does so, Rossi holds Reid back. Reid continues to cry, folding into a ball, and he'd reach for (Y/N) as Morgan beats at her already broken ribs, desperate to force air into her empty lungs. The few ribs left were smashed as he put greater force onto her, her heart doing nothing. 

(Y/N) woke up in a deep breath and a coughing fit, vomiting up nothing, she had nothing to throw up, she hadn't eaten anything for two days, and only received a cup of water once each day. Spencer runs over sat on his knees and places her head onto his knees, caressing her hair pulling the knots out of her eyes. His hazel brown eyes staring deep into her eyes, never looking away.

"Spencer i-" (Y/N) tries to get out, "I-I'm sorry," she finishes. Reid then grabs her hand holding it tight before the ambulance comes and brings (Y/N) to the hospital his eyes never leaving hers. The EMT's brought down a stretcher, placing her frail body onto it, she winced in pain with the placement. She hadn't fully processed her injuries, so many broken bones, almost no ribs left intact. The shirt still ripped oven, leaving the unfinished game of tik tack toe still lightly bleeding. Her leg wound still bleeding, wrapped in white gauze, not doing much justice as the blood began to make its way through pooling in each layer. 

Spencer sat with her during the ambulance ride, the sirens echoing throughout the night. Reid's hand never having left hers. She was in and out of consciousness the whole ride, flat-lining every so often. She knew her body couldn't take much more of this, each resuscitation taking longer than the last, each more painful than the last, and each bringing her closer to death than the last. 

When they arrived at the hospital they immediately took her to surgery, forcing their hands to separate, their fingers making one last touch before they rolled her off. Spencer sat in between the two automatic doors of the emergency room holding one open. His eyes stood open mouth wide open, his vest covered in her blood, unable to move. It felt like her whole blood volume was on his shirt. Reid stood in between the doors, listening to the beeping of the monitors as his brain clung the scene he'd just seen, the way her body looked, what he blamed himself for. Morgan and JJ joined Reid at the hospital, meeting him between the two doors. 

Morgan tapped and grabbed Reid's shoulder pulling him into the hospital waiting room. 

"She'll make it through this kid, it'll be alright," Morgan says as JJ joins them in the waiting room.