Chapter 11 - Do it for the Vine

The moment you have all been waiting for....

*wink, wink*

___________

"Cooper." Snapping his head in the direction of the voice, he scrunched his eyebrows.

"River? What are you doing here?"

River looked at him, confused, "You called me to come get you."

"I did? Well, I'm glad I did! Because I have no idea how to get home. Imagine if I walked home? I would probably go in the opposite direction."

"Are you drunk?" He asked, concerned. "Just a tiny bit." Cooper said, pinching his thumb and index finger together.

River just sighed, "C'mon, let's go." Cooper got up and followed River, almost tripping over his own feet, "Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you home." River replied as if it was obvious.

Cooper stopped walking, "Nooooo. My parents are going to get so mad. Let me sleep in your car." River went around to the passenger side and opened the door, helping him get in. Cooper leaned his head on the window and waited for River to get in. When he did, he started the car and drove off.

Cooper wasn't concerned, River knew the way.

That idea quickly changed 5minutes later when they stopped at a dark spot that had no cars anywhere. Cooper looked around in a panic, "Where are we? Are you going to kill me for making fun of your almond milk?"

River looked at him, confused, "What?"

Cooper started breathing heavily, "Oh my god, or is it because I rejected you? I told you I'm sorry! Don't you have a girlfriend? I'm nothing special, I can assure you of that. I didn't even tell my parents I love them." He put his head in his hands, and almost started crying.

"Cooper, I'm not going to kill you. I brought you here so we can figure out what to do with you." River reassured him.

Bringing his head up, he looked at River, "Oh."

"What were you doing there anyway?" River asked curiously. Probably confused as to how a 14-year-old was left alone at a party, only to get pissed out drunk.

"My dates brother goes to your school and took us to the party. I thought we were going to eat, but then she was like 'My brothers taking us to this awesome party.' And I was like okay! But she was so wrong, that party was definitely not awesome."

He heard River lightly chuckle, "Alright, well, I know one place we can go." He said, starting the car once again.

It was quiet and Cooper whined, "It's so quiet! Wheres your gay music?"

River looked at him while laughing, "Hah, what? My gay music? You mean ABBA?"

"Whatever they're called. It's just so quiet."

River connected his phone and put on his music, which Cooper was somewhat content with, but soon after the first song started playing, he turned it off.

"Where are we going?" He asked, looking out the window.

"I'm going to pick you up something to eat."

"Why?"

"Because you haven't eaten? And you're drunk, so you're going to be hungry."

"Have you ever been drunk?"

"I have."

"That's cool. So, where are we eating?"

"Where do you want to eat?"