Chapter 14 - Millions Bucks His Ass, He Felt Like Shit

Question: have you ever broke a bone?

_______

"Shit dude, are you okay? Noah, give me your flannel." Max said, kneeling to help him. Cooper clutched his wrist and bent down in pain, "Yeah...I'm fine,"

"I think you need to go to the hospital," Cooper didn't even know who was speaking right now, "No, I'm fine." He groaned.

"Cooper, your head is literally bleeding. I'll call my mom to take you home or something."

"I'm fine! I'll just skate home." He didn't know-how and knew it was the worst idea, but all he could think right now is that he needed to sit down or something—anything to distract him.

They helped him up and sat him down on the same ramp he attempted the trick on.

When one of them asked what happened, Cooper told them he didn't know when in reality, he knew damn well what happened. Just the thought of River made him upset, which ultimately caused his wrist to hurt more.

It was River who gave him the hickey.

Cooper was working himself up, and he came to the conclusion that he wouldn't be able to skate home in his condition, so he called his dad to come pick him up.

He checked the caller ID twice to make sure it was his actual father this time and not he who shall not be named. He was positive that if he were to see him right now, he would punch him with his good hand.

Paying attention to his phone, he called his dad and told him that he needed to pick him up. His dad assured him he'd be there as fast as he can and told him to sit tight.

At one point, he thought he was overreacting to the situation and shrugged the guys off and attempted to get up.

He was fine.

He realized quickly after that he wasn't soon after he stood up and felt dizzy.

Not sure how much time had passed, he heard someone say his name, and he remembered that the guys were there. They nodded in the direction of his dad, who came rushing over. Cooper slowly got up, and his dad came up to him, taking over his head wound.

"What happened?" His dad asked, concerned.

"He fell, trying to do a trick," Noah said.

"I'll take it from here. You boys should get home." If Cooper wasn't feeling what he felt, he would've been weirded out by his dad saying anything to his friends. Neither of his parents had ever met the three and Cooper wanted it to stay like that for as long as he could.

They nodded and watched as Cooper's dad helped him to the car. Walking off shortly after.

Meanwhile, at the car, Cooper's dad was speeding.

"Why are you going so fast?" He asked, aggravated.

"Because not only could your hand be broken but your head is bleeding, Cooper. This is why I don't like you skating; I always told you that if you weren't careful, you would fall and crack your skull."

Was he really lecturing him right now?

"I didn't crack my skull." He said back, annoyed.

"You could've."

They arrived at the emergency clinic, and his dad got him checked in while Cooper sat on the uncomfortable chair in the waiting area.

"I hope your hand isn't broken. You'll be out for the beginning of the season." His dad said, sitting down next to him with napkins, the nurse gave him to help the bleeding and an ice pack for his wrist.

Cooper didn't even want to look at his dad after coming to his realization. There was no way he was going to tell anyone about the River thing. He felt he already lost some of his pride due to getting a hickey and making out with a guy.

It's not like he enjoyed it but still.

His dad put the napkins on his head, which caused Cooper to wince.

"Cooper Adams?" A nurse called out from the double doors.

They both got up and were led to a closed-off space. He got on the examination table, careful not to hurt his arm more.

A doctor came in not long after and immediately started cleaning the wound on his head while introducing himself.

After cleaning it, he looked at it to see how bad the cut was,  "You're going to need a couple of stitches. You took a pretty bad fall, huh?" Cooper wasn't paying attention and looked ahead, thinking about the incident with River.

He was upset with himself for letting it happen and couldn't believe River would take advantage of him when he was drunk. Cooper wanted to get mad, but he felt the pain finally hitting him and was starting to get tired.

"Cooper?"

"Huh?"

The doctor looked at his dad for a second before shining light in Cooper's eyes and asking him questions about where he lived, who the president was, and what his name was.

"So it's obvious he has a concussion. Nothing too serious, he won't have to stay overnight, which is good but I want you to monitor it. Do you remember how you hit your head?" The doctor asked while getting ready to stitch his forehead.

"Um, I got distracted and- ow!" He gave the doctor a dirty look causing him and his dad to chuckle. "Sorry, probably should've warned you. Ok, now let's look at your arm." The doctor carefully took Cooper's hand and examined it. "I'm going to send you to get some x-rays and then we'll see how bad the damage is."

.
.
.

Cooper has no idea what happened after that, but the next thing he knew, his wrist was being wrapped in a blue cast.

"You're going to need the cast for about eight weeks, but we'll do a checkup at the six-week mark to see how you're doing. As for your head, you do have a  concussion that should last you no longer than a week, if not less. Ice when you get home. No sports, no roughhousing, and definitely no skating. Got it?"

Cooper just gave him a side smile. He was tired after the long day he had. He wanted to go home, take a shower, and pass out.

The doctor had left, and they were just waiting for the nurse to discharge him.

"How you feeling?" His dad asked, looking at him sympathetic.

Cooper gave him a lazy smirk, "Like a million bucks."

"Let me take a picture to send to your mom. She's been freaking out; maybe this will give her some clarity."

Cooper just sat there with his cast, giving a lousy thumbs up and a lazy smirk.

Million bucks his ass, he felt like shit.

______

Hope you liked this small chapter. Make sure to vote, recommend, and comment! Feedbacks welcomed as well!

Until Thursday, stay safe and clean! :)