Chapter 53 - I Promise

Cooper woke up to the sun shining in his face, and he immediately went to turn away from it but halted when he felt a pain shoot down his back. The memories of last night came back to him, and he winced in pain as he accidentally moved again. Turning his head, he saw River still asleep, and Cooper smiled, no longer upset about losing his virginity.

Forcing himself to turn around so he was facing River, he lightly traced his features and stroked his cheek softly, feeling his soft skin. When River started to wake up, Cooper quickly shut his eyes and pretended he was asleep. "What are you doing?" River asked groggily. When Cooper didn't respond, he pulled him closer and wrapped his arms around him tightly. "I know you're awake."

Not able to stop himself, Cooper smiled still with his eyes closed. "No, I'm not." River just scoffed and buried his head in Cooper's neck, practically falling asleep again. The sun was barely rising but since they were on the top floor, they got hit the most with it. "What time is it?"

River picked his head up again and looked at his watch before dropping it back into Cooper's neck, mumbling, "8," he paused for a second before shooting his head back up. "Shit," he immediately got up and started getting dressed, changing his clothes, and going to brush his teeth quickly.

Confused, Cooper watched him rush. "What's wrong?"

Quickly throwing on his shoes, River didn't even bother tying them. "I forgot I needed to meet someone for something."

"What's that something?" Usually Cooper kept his curiosity to a minimum, but he found it weird that River had to meet someone so early.

"Tutoring." River gave him a peck on the lips and grabbed his bag, opening the door. "I'll be back in a few hours. Order breakfast or something." He yelled out before shutting the door.

It all happened so quickly that before he knew it, River was gone, and Cooper was alone, not knowing what to or how to pass the time. He was used to River not being there when he woke up, but he'd never been awake before he left. He also never asked about where River would go because most of the time it was obvious he went to work out. Figuring he'd get ready, he was stumped once again as he didn't know what they would do for the day. After washing up, he sat on the couch and looked around at the fancy hotel room for probably the hundredth time in awe.

River really got the presidential suite.

Seeing the menu on the coffee table, he didn't want to eat without River, so he went back into the bedroom and looked around for his phone. While searching the bed, not only did he find his phone, but he also found Rivers that he must've forgotten. Cooper didn't want to snoop, but before he knew it, he was scrolling through his lock screen at all the notifications River had gotten the previous day. Some were unimportant, but some texts stood out.

Mom
We planned on being here to spend time with you, but if you're not going to be here, then why should we?

Dad
Will you please respond to your mother before she starts calling all the hospitals again.

Also, we need to have a talk about what you're going to do after high school. I checked your grades; you're failing half. Come home, now.

Henry
Coach is pissed off at you for missing practice all week. He said he wants to talk to you first thing Monday morning.

Drew
Party at your place, next Saturday?

They were enough to make him upset, but two texts specifically caught Cooper's attention and got him fuming.

Stella
I know you're usually busy on Sundays with volunteer work, so I appreciate you making time for me last week. Wyd tomorrow?