Chapter 40 - Firetruck

*TW SEXUAL COERCION! Please please please remember to always use consent with your partners!*

_______________

On Friday, in English, he was the last to arrive due to simply not wanting to be there. He wanted to avoid presenting at all cost, which worked out because volunteers were welcomed to go first, but only a few went meaning Ms. Ablin would go in alphabetical order, and guess who was first.

"Cooper Adams." She smiled at him; he knew it was fake. "You're up first, and I know how eager you were to present."

This was bothering him so much that he hadn't eaten or slept all that much because he was so anxious, and everyone's eyes on him didn't help. "Oh, I um, don't have it." He was risking a lot by saying that, specifically, his weekend.

She let out an amused laugh, "You don't have it? You only had the whole semester to do it, and it's worth half of your grade. You do know this is part of your final, right? It's also my understanding that you're not playing in the game tonight due to your suspension, and if you don't have it by Tuesday, I'll make sure you don't play in your next game too."

Annoyed by her, he gave her well-deserved attitude with how he said alright, which just fed to the fire. He said it under his breath, but she must've heard.

"I've had with you this semester, all you have done is slack off and talk in my class, showing no respect." Not true at all, he might've had a low A, but an A was still an A and enough to get him into honors the next year. "I'm emailing your father after class, and you have detention after school."

Surprisingly, Jason chimed in, "Ms. Ablin, he can't; he has the game." Cooper appreciated it, but she didn't.

She turned to him even more furious, "You too, you have barely turned in one assignment on time the whole year. You couldn't even hand in the syllabus on time. You're lucky I even let you turn in some of those assignments because you wouldn't be passing to the next year if I hadn't." The whole class had mixed reactions to her blow up. Some were holding in laughs, some were shocked, and of course, some didn't care.

In reality, she had every reason to yell at Jason, but not only was she humiliating him in front of the whole class, but she was also getting herself worked up. "Don't you think you're taking this a little too far?" Cooper asked, looking at her as if she was crazy.

She pointed to the door and yelled at the two basketball players louder than before. "Get out my class. Both of you."

Both Cooper and Jason looked at each other before getting up and leaving with their stuff. "What was her problem?" Cooper questioned out loud as soon as he shut the door.

Jason didn't seem affected by her outburst at all. He acted as if it was nothing, and to him, it probably wasn't. "I bet you she's on her period."

"Ew." A look of disgust making its way on Cooper's face.

They walked side by side, quietly down the hall, not knowing where to go at this time since everyone was in class and out of sight.

Jason was the first to break the silence, bringing up their friends that were still ignoring Cooper. "Have you talked to Parker and Miles?"

Cooper stopped humming some tune that was randomly stuck in his head and stuck his hands in his pockets, shrugging. "Nope. They're not talking to me, so I don't see the point in talking to them."