Chapter 7 - Do You Want to Come Over?

A whole chapter of Cooper and River for yall.

He asked in a soft but deep voice, and Cooper was sort of taken aback. "Um, what?" River repeated himself, "Do you want to go to my house?" Cooper thought about it for a second, "I don't know?" River looked at him, confused, "You don't know?" Cooper quickly corrected himself and rubbed his neck, "Well, I mean, I would, but I just don't know if my parents would let me." They've only been hanging out for two days. Cooper barely knew him; he could be a murderer for all he knew. River reached out and touched his shoulder, "You don't have to! I was just wondering if you wanted to do something other than sit in this frozen bookstore. We can just go into town and eat or something if you want."

Cooper thought about it for a second, "As long as you don't kill me for making fun of your milk." River laughed at this, "Damn, nevermind."

Cooper just nodded, "Sure, yea we can go to your house. You're the driver, so whatever you want to do." River tilted his head back and groaned, "Stop saying, 'I don't know'! Don't worry about driving and gas and everything. You need to think about yourself. Where do you see yourself in the next hour?" He did have a point. "Well, I've never seen your house, so I can't picture myself there." River nodded slowly, "Okay, then let's go into town." It was Friday, so downtown would be really busy. "Arent, you worried people from Concordia will see you with me?"

There was no part of Cooper that showed he had as much money as they did. Why would River want to be seen with the less fortunate?

Shrugging his shoulders and gathering his stuff together, River replied, "It'll be packed, I doubt we'll see someone we know. Plus, I don't worry about what people will think."

He doesn't, but Cooper does. He actually cares what people think of him.

"So, what do you say?" Cooper still looked him with a hesitant look. "Let's have fun, Speedy! We're two high schoolers that are entering and leaving. I think we're allowed to have some fun." He was right, "Alright, fine." He took out his phone and texted his mom

________________________

Mom

Going downtown with a
friend.I promise ill be safe.

Okay. Please be careful and
call us if you need anything.

Do you have money?

yea i have some.

Okay, text me when you get
there and check-in at times.
Also, call when you start
coming home.

Okay

Okay, stay safe. I love you❤️

love you too

_______________________

They finished gathering up their stuff and walked out of the store, into River's car. River connected his music, of course playing his weird Abba music. "Are you hungry?" Cooper thought about it for a second "Um, I don't know. Are you?"

"Cooper!"

"I don't know!" River pretended to be mad and smiled. Cooper sank down into his seat, embarrassed.

.

They arrived at a car garage that was connected to a fancy hotel. River paid and drove in to park the car. After parking and taking an elevator down to the street, they walked on the sidewalk. "We had burgers yesterday, so how about pizza? I know this good place around the block." Cooper could eat anything, to be honest. He was a growing boy who was always hungry. "Yea, that's fine." They continued walking and reached the pizza place. River opened the door and let Cooper walk in first "Have you ever had deep-dish pizza?" They sat themselves down at the small table, "No, but I've always wanted to." The waiter took their drinks; River got a sweet tea, and Cooper just got water.

Kisses of Fire (boyxboy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें