Chapter Seven: One Surprise Visit

“What’s going on?” Mason asked as soon as I walked back through the door of the loft. I swore continuously underneath my breath as I paced back and forth through the hallway. Mason rested a hand on my shoulder.

“Jayson,” Daniel asked in confusion.

“Noah left,” I sighed. “I don’t know where he went.”

“What did you do?” Mason said hitting me in the shoulder. “I told you Jayson. I fucking told you a million times.”

“Shut up Mason – You’re not helping,” I shouted angrily. “I mean he’ll come back. He has nowhere else to go, right?”

“Maybe he went to get some ice cream,” Daniel suggested. I could strangle Daniel right now. How stupid was that thought? He went to get some fucking ice cream! Why the fuck would he do that? God, he was no help in these kinds of situations.

“I’m sorry Jayson,” Mason said. “You’re right. I shouldn’t have brought that up but let’s think where he would go. You don’t think he’d go home to his dad, do you?”

“I don’t know! I don’t even know where he lives,” I said biting my lip a little. “What if – What if he gets kidnapped? Raped? Beaten?”

“Or worse gets sold in sex slavery?” Daniel joked. “You guys are over-reacting. I’m telling you he’s probably sitting in Friendly’s, eating a hot fudge sundae.”

“Daniel! Not helping,” I growled.

“I’ve never seen you so worried about someone before,” Mason teased.

“I just don’t want him to do something stupid,” I groaned as I paced. “I can’t stay here. I’m going out to find him.”

“I’ll come too,” Mason said following me out the door. “Daniel, stay here just in case he comes back.”

“Fine,” Daniel said kicking his feet up on the table. I shook my head as I grabbed my car keys. We were out of the door in a flash. Mason and I drove around all night looking for him. I couldn’t find him anywhere. Maybe he had gone to a friend’s house for the night or back to his own. But had I made him that mad that he would rather go to the house that kicked him out? I groaned as Mason and I sat in the car. We drove a few times already.

“There’s nowhere else to check,” Mason said. “I think we should call it a quits and go to his school tomorrow. “

“Fine,” I mumbled as I drove us back home. I pulled into the apartment and walked up the stairs. I opened the door to see Daniel passed out across the couch. Like I said earlier – he was no help. I shook my head as I tossed my key on the hook.

I moved into my room in frustration. My eyes shot to my bed immediately as I saw a familiar blonde head. I shot out of my room and shook Daniel awake. His eyes opened wide quickly.

“What!?” he said wiping the drool from his face.

“Why didn’t you call us and tell us that Noah came back!” I said angrily.

“Because I fell asleep,” he muttered awkwardly.

“I’m going to kill you one day I swear,” I said walking right pass Mason and into my room. But not before I kill Noah. I stormed into the room and was about to slam the door shut violently but Mason stopped me. He had his hand on my shoulder.

“Be nice,” he said closing the door shut behind him. I took a few breaths in as I walked into my room. A feeling of relief swept over my body as I saw him fast asleep in my bed. I couldn’t believe how worried I had been about him. I mean he annoyed me constantly and could get on my nerves but I couldn’t stand the fact of him gone. I sat on my bed and pulled the covers over my body. I would talk to him in the morning. I was much too tired to do it tonight.