Chapter Six: One Smoking Girl

“Jayson,” Mason shouted at me as I stared aimlessly at my computer screen. “What are you doing? Why are you staring at the screen? You’re supposed to be working?”

“You aren’t my boss,” I said snapping out of my state of delirium. “I’m hung over.”

“That sounds like a personal problem,” Mason snickered. “So when you and Noah went off to where ever you two went – what happened?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” I asked.

“You’re such an ass,” he groaned. “Just tell me.”

“None of your business Mason,” I growled. “I don’t remember half of it anyways. The last thing I remember was being at the club.”

“Fine! Don’t tell me,” Mason said blowing it off. “I don’t care.”

I groaned as Mason walked back to his desk. God, he was annoying as hell. But it was true – I didn’t remember anything that happened after Noah and I were dancing. It was a blank slate after that. I didn’t even remember how I got home into my bed. All I remember was waking up this morning on account of Daniel’s shouting about burnt toast. Why he was shouting about burnt toast? The world may never know.

Anyways, I’m sure Noah could fill in the blanks though. I sighed as I slumped into my office chair. It was going to be a long day at work. I groaned as I placed my head into my arms. Just as I was on the brink of sleep, my office phone rang.

“Jayson Reed, how can I help you?” I said dryly.

“Hey big boy,” a voice said on the opposite end of the line. “This is cat scratch and we’re ready to fulfill your every need. So, tell me sexy, what are you wearing?”

I glanced at the number on my phone and rolled my eyes.

“Daniel! Stop fucking around with my phone,” I said before I slammed the phone shut on the hook. The fucking asshole! I heard him laugh loudly from the cubicle across from me. Little a-hole! I resumed work as usual for the rest of day and I couldn’t wait until I got home. Mason and Daniel were being exceptionally annoying today. Mason was always in my business and Daniel would find some way to get on my nerves.

“Noah, can I talk to you?” I asked causing him to glance up at me.

“Sure,” he said closing his history book.

“What happened after the bar last night? I can’t remember what happened after you confessed your undying love for me,” I snorted sarcastically.

“Undying? Ha,” Noah said. “Don’t flatter yourself.”

“Feisty, are we?” I said running my fingers along his neck. “Remember whose bed you’ve been sleeping in.”

“Not by choice,” Noah continued.

“Wow! You’re in a pissy mood,” I teased. “Does someone need to get laid?”

I ran my fingers across his inner thigh, creeping towards his groin. He tensed up quickly. He was shaking his head but his body was telling a whole other story. God – he was still such a virgin.

“Noah.”

“I thought you weren’t interested in a kid,” Noah said his face a red color.

“I’m not interested in dating a kid,” I sighed.

“Well – I’m not interested in sleeping with you unless you want to be my boyfriend,” he said throwing my hand off him.

“Ha! We’ll see how long that lasts,” I laughed uncontrollably. “You can’t stay away from me. You sleep in my bed every night.”