There's Not Much Time Left...- Ch. 41

It was Friday, thankfully for Midoriya. He had been staying up late getting his assignments done from the two weeks he was in the hospital. He hadn't even put a dent in the pile of paperwork he had received, with him being busy making sure Bakugo was okay as well as the others.

Another plus, other than the fact that it was the weekend, was that Bakugo's heat had ended earlier that week. Midoriya couldn't really get much done with the ash blond how he was during heat.

The greenette was in his room; it was around eight yet he felt quite tired. Maybe it was due to the four or five hours of sleep he had been getting lately. His eyes drooped as he stared at the paper, taking a sip at his tea in hopes that it would wake him up a little.

His head rested in his left palm as he glanced over the material that they were learning. Why did he need to learn math again?

The numbers and variables seemed to blur together as his eyes started to become unfocused. He shook his head, trying to shake away the sleepy state that he was currently in.

The greenette started to close his eyes again when his door had been opened rather quickly. He looked over to see a familiar pink skinned girl scanning the room. Her honey yellow eyes seemed to scan him as she had a pout on her lips.

"You scared me a little when you didn't hear me knocking. Anyways! You ready?" The horned girl had beamed as she hopped over to the freckled teen.

"Huh?" Midoriya noted that the girl was wearing nightwear, which he understood it was because it was getting late. He turned to glance back at his papers shortly after he had felt a tug at his arm. He wearily looked back at the pink skinned girl.

"The sleepover! Remember? The one in Hagakure's room?" She tugged at his arm as she went on, "Come onnnn! No more schoolwork, it's the weekend! I'm sure you can use a little bit of fun, anyways."

Midoriya gave a hesitant glance to the door before his eyes shifted to his work. Well he did already promise that he would go so he really had no choice. He had collected himself before standing up, stretching a bit as he towers over Ashido. He grunted before opening a drawer and grabbing a scent patch or two; he already had his pajamas on so he walked over to the bed, hesitating at the cat plushie Kota had given him. Yet, he still grabbed the plushie before turning to Ashido, clutching the cat plushie tightly.

Ashido looked in awe and her heart squeezed. Though, Midoriya took the look on her face as confusion. He looked anywhere else but her as he gave the stuffed animal a little squeeze. "I...it reminds me of why I became a hero and why I want to be one...I like to have it with me so I'll have that reminder when I go to sleep and when I wake up," he smiled sheepishly as he fidgeted in his spot.

The pink haired girl was quick to reply, "No, it's fine! I just wanna see what some of the girls might say." She walked to the door and turned to face the taller boy, noting that he wasn't following her. He stood in the middle of the room with a confused look plastered on his freckled face.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked curiously.

She chuckled a little before she replied, "Well it's cute!"

Ashido looked up to his face and almost died on the spot as he buried his face on the plushie a little. She paused a moment before hopping over to the curly haired teen and tugging at the loose long sleeve he wore.

Midoriya really wasn't expecting for most of the girls to coo at him when he showed up with his things. Embarrassed, he plopped himself in between Jiro and Asui, who hadn't really said anything about what happened. "So...what do we do?" he asked hesitantly.

—————————

All Might needed to talk to Midoriya; he needed a successor.