Getting Situated- Ch. 1

The boy nervously made his way to his destination, his green curls bouncing up and down with every step he took.

He had every right to be nervous, as his class was getting dorms today. That would mean that someone might find out what his second gender was, which he was not happy about.

In the world of super humans he lived in, he didn't think that there would be something else to it. Being a hero was his dream, making the world he lived in an absolute dream come true. Of course, quirks weren't the only thing that was special about the society he lived in. Almost everyone received their quirks at the age of four, while at the age of thirteen, you would be given the identity of your second gender.

These second genders are alpha, beta, and omega. Alphas were usually the powerhouses, being separated into "Full Alphas" and "Sub-Alphas". Full alphas are the more dominant of the two, meaning they can easily get a sub-alpha to submit, but sub-alphas can still make betas and omegas to submit. Betas still had dominance pheromones like alphas, but it was barely noticeable so it almost didn't count. This doesn't exactly mean that betas and omegas couldn't be just as strong as alphas. The other two genders had evolved to be a little stronger than what they previously were. Any gender could mate with any other gender as well, but the best pairings were normally omegas with alphas. Betas and omegas, however, were placed on a similar level of power, the world seeing them as equals. Each individual also had their own scent, but those could easily be hidden using scent blockers, which looked like square bandages that you would put on the scent gland. The green haired boy rubbed his hand near his neck, making sure the one he had on was all the way on. Then he continued to make his way towards the school.

No one had known about his second gender, other than his mother. Everyone just assumed that he was a beta, and he preferred to keep it that way. He took a deep breath before walking into the UA gates, now making his way to the dorms where his things were waiting, along with some of his classmates. He quickly checked his phone. Ok, maybe not some of his classmates were waiting, but in fact, most of them. He scrolled through the sea of messages he received from his classmates, as if they were in distress or something.

The boy sighed and put his phone back in his pocket, realizing that he was almost at his destination anyways. They were given the day off of school to get settled into the dorms, also having the weekend to get familiar due to it being Friday.

The boy walked into the dorm, getting bombarded by some of the scents of the others, along with some of his classmates. "Midoriya/Deku!" Some of his classmates yelled. He was almost tackled to the ground, but kept his balance as his friends hugged him. These friends included Uraraka, Kirishima, Asui, and Kaminari. He giggled, restraining himself from letting out his scent. Sure, he had the scent blockers, but even with them his scent was too strong. If he had released his scent freely, they wouldn't be able to mask it. He felt happy and wanted to express that, but quickly stopped giving off a goofy smile and returned to his neutral face.

"Since when do you smile like that?" A spiky haired redhead nudged Midoriya with his elbow. The taller boy looked down at the redhead with a playful smirk, rolling his eyes. Midoriya had always been seen as the short boy when he was little, being a couple inches shorter than the average boy in his class. Once middle school had rolled around, he grew a couple inches, even surpassing his childhood friend in height by the time they were out of middle school. He'd remembered that summer after he had a major growth spurt, coming back and shocking his classmates to realize that he had grown a whole three inches over the summer. Currently, he stood at a proud 174 centimeters(5'8"), a little bit taller than Yaoyorozu but still shorter than Todoroki.

"What, I can't smile like that or what?" The greenette implied while looking into the ruby red eyes of the shorter boy. He turned away, seeing that his friends let him out of their grasp, and crossed his arms playfully, "Guess I won't smile if you think it doesn't suit me." The brunette who has waited the arrival of her fellow classmate began to whine, "Nooo! Kirishima what did you do? That was literally the happiest he looked! He even giggled. Tell him sorry!" The brunette ranted onto the redhead, Midoriya smirking at their playful banter. There was a sarcastic gasp that was heard across the room. Midoriya looked in the direction of the overly dramatic gasp and found that it was none other than Ashido who had emitted the sound.