Stumblin' Love | Steve Harrington

Based on the prompt: Kisses exchanged as they move around, hitting the edges of tables or nearly tripping over thing on the floor before making it to the sofa, or bed.  

Sometimes, there were days in the week where you couldn't wait to see Steve, to feel his skin under your fingers, see him grin wide and bright and watch him as he runs his hands through his hair in a way that made you swoon like a schoolgirl.

And today, after a week filled with shifts at the cafe and no spare seconds to yourself, he was finally in front of you, hands shoved deep into his jean pockets and a small smile on his face as he stood on your doorstep.

As you opened the door, Steve wasted no time at all before stepping into the living room and wrapping you in his arms, lips against yours and hands holding your waist. He kicked the open door closed with his foot and moved the two of you further into the house, only pulling away to suck in a deep breath, and then grinning down at you.

"Well hello to you too, Steve."

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself." He leaned down to kiss you again, fingers sliding gently across the skin of your waist exposed by your shirt. "A week is too long to go without kissing you."

"Oh yeah?" You went up on your tippytoes then, pressing your lips to the edge of his jawbone and over his cheeks, his eyelids fluttering and his hands gripping you tighter.

"Damn it, babe. You're gonna be the death of me if you're not careful."

You let out a laugh against his skin, coming back down to your feet fully and looking at the man in front of you. His eyes were wide, a bright and relaxed grin on his face, and he looked so happy and peaceful that it made your heart swell, and soon you were tugging on his hands and gently pulling him towards the bedroom door.

"C'mon Harrington, it's time for you to make up for the fact that you haven't kissed me in a week. And, we've got all night."

"Mhm, yes mam." Steve put his lips back on yours then, kissing you frantically as the both of you staggered towards the bedroom, your fingers slipping under his t-shirt and his hand coming up to wind in your hair. At one point, his knee knocked into the edge of the wooden coffee table, and he let out a pained groan that you soothed with a kiss to his neck.

His shirt was off then, strewn somewhere in the living room, and as he kissed up and down your neck and placed a hand on your ass, he accidentally backed you into the edge of the doorframe, the wooden rim hitting your shoulder and causing you to gasp slightly at the uncomfortable feeling.

Steve pulls his lips away from your skin and looks at you, a hint of worry in his expression, but instead, you peck him on the lips and shake your head, telling him that you're fine before slipping your shirt off and opening the door behind you and stepping into the bedroom.

He nearly collided with you then, chest pressing against yours and the pads of his fingers making figures across your skin, your lips on his jaw, collar bone, the shell of his ear making him moan in a way that made you want more.

And as soon as he had you on the bed, and he was hovering over you, you knew you would get more. In fact, you would get everything you ever wanted from Steve, and not just for one night, but for all eternity.