-STEVE HARRINGTON|Movies on a Saturday Night-

-My first ever Steve Harrington piece, wow

-My first ever Steve Harrington piece, wow. Also, I am very much aware that The Princess Bride was not a thing until 1987, but I needed it for a certain reference, let me live.-

Ever since you were a small child, Saturday night was movie night. It didn't matter how much homework you still had to do, or if there were no new movies to rent out from the store, your older brother always insisted on a movie night, with buckets of pop corn and hot coca galore. And hell, who were you to say no to coca and popcorn?

Walking into the Family Video store, you surveyed the large room, noticing people milling around the shelves and glancing down at the glossy video tapes in their hands. You knew this store like the back of your hand. You knew that the horror section was never updated, that the rom coms were always popular with the girls who had just broken up with their boyfriends, and that the only people who rented out the adult movies were older white men who paid no attention to their wives.

What you didn't know for once, were the two staff members standing behind the counter, two teenagers who looked like they wanted to be doing anything else but instead were scanning through videotapes and handing them to the waiting customers.

Heading towards the popular and new release section, you flicked through the crates of videos, scanning the titles until something took your fancy. Fingers plucking out a video case, the cover of Back to the Future caught your eye, a shocked Marty McFly staring back at you. Tucking the film under your arm, you turned to move away from the shelf and towards another.

You didn't expect the new staff member to be standing right next to you then, arms heaped with video returns. Hair falling over his eyes slightly and a huff leaving his mouth as one of the tapes fell from his arms, he caught your eye then, blinking slowly before sending you a smile. Bending down to pick up the dropped tape, you flicked it over in your hand and grinned.

"Can I take this?" You asked the man, watching as his gazed flicked from your face to the video in your hand, then back to your face. He nodded firmly, shuffling the videos in his hands again.

"Yeah sure, have you seen it before?" His voice came out croaky, like his throat was dry and mouth didn't know how to work properly.

"Nah, but my friend said it was good, guess now is a good time to give it a go." With that you sent him a smile, pushing some hair behind your ears as he searched for something to say.

"Well, I haven't seen it either, but apparently the sword fight is good, and-."

"Hey Harrington, what did I say about spoiling the movies. People won't rent them if you tell them what happens." A girl's voice rang out across the store, catching the attention of both you and the man. She stood there with a smirk plastered against her face and arms crossed, looking at the two of you like she knew everything that was about to happen.

"I wasn't spoiling it, I'm not an idiot." He talked back to her, arm coming up to scratch the back of his neck, a sigh escaping as she yelled back.