-Loving You-

It was a Saturday, just a plain old Saturday night in the seemingly quiet town of Hawkins

It was a Saturday, just a plain old Saturday night in the seemingly quiet town of Hawkins. The wind ran through the trees and the moon light shone through your upstairs window. You had nothing special planned for this night, no party was being held, you didn't have to catch up on a mountain of homework that normally greeted you on a weekend. 

If you were still with Jonathan, the two of you would have been celebrating your relationships 2 year anniversary, but suddenly, you were alone. 

You had to end it, that's what you kept telling yourself. You needed to end it so Jonathan could focus on finding Will, and not also keeping you safe. You didn't want to burden him with that worry when he was already scared and upset and stressed. It wasn't fair on either of you. And so you broke it off, leaving him in that street ally as you walked away, blinking back tears but telling yourself everything would work out in the end. 

Except it didn't.

The search for Will and Barb kept going as the nights got darker and the weather got colder. The days you would see Jonathan were few and far between, his lonesome car rolling down the streets in search of his brother. The teenager that you loved so dearly got more and more scared, attempting to try and keep his mother calm as she started to go off the rails. 

There was nothing more you wanted in the world than to be there for the Byers', but instead here you were, shut out from their existence because you had made the stupid and selfish mistake to break up with Jonathan.

You had wanted to be left alone that night, holed up in your bedroom with a plate of sweet biscuits and a mug of hot chocolate, and curled into the corner of the window seat, an old favourite book balanced across your knees. 

Your parents were out, planning to catch a late night movie after a dinner, and so you were the only one in the house. That's how you wanted it. No one forcing you to speak when you only wanted to be quiet, nothing distracting you when all you wanted was to focus on the words in front of you. You were for once, at peace.

Hours passed by, some rain falling against the window as it got later into the night. The phone hadn't rang, your parents hadn't come home early, but instead suddenly there was a loud and demanding knock at the door. 

You froze for a moment, book falling from your lap as you sat silently as the knocking increased. You hoped whoever was knocking would just leave, think that no one was home. But the person didn't. Instead the knocking grew louder.

Gripping a butcher's knife that you quickly grabbed from a kitchen draw, you slowly approached the door, hand resting on the copper doorknob. You could see the figure through the window next to the door, but the rain blurred out your vision so that you couldn't see more than their outline. 

The door squeaked slightly as you pulled it open, rain splashing against the toes of your socks, a cold wind blowing into the room as the figure surged towards you. You didn't have a chance to let out a yell as arms wrapped around your waist, a head of wet hair nesting itself into the crook of your neck. Warm breath and cold finger tips made your skin tingle and before you knew it, you were grabbing onto the boy who had pulled himself into you. 

"God, oh thank god. You're safe." Jonathan leaned back for a moment, brushing a piece of hair out of your face, letting out a harsh breath as you looked back at him in shock. 

"What are you doing here?" As stupid as the question seemed, they were the only words that came out of your mouth.  It wasn't like you weren't happy to see the boy, overjoyed in fact. It was just that it was so sudden. After weeks of silence and loneliness the two of you were together again. 

"We found Will, we found him Y/N. And he's okay, he's in hospital but he's okay. Everyone else is okay too, the rest of the kids, my mum, Nancy, Steve. We're all safe now. And I just-." He cut himself off here, sucking in a gasp of air as he quickly walked to the other side of the room and back, hand running through his hair as he did so. "I realised something, now that it's all over." 

"What did you realise, Jonathan?" He stopped walking when you spoke, glancing up at you before a look of concern and shyness crossed over his features. You stepped closer, trying to catch a moment of eye contact with him, but he looked everywhere but you.

"I realised that you left because you didn't want me to worry about Will, while having to worry about your safety from whatever was going on." You nodded in response from his words, urging him to continue. "Well, I figured, um, that maybe now the danger had gone, you might want to be my girlfriend again?" You looked back at him with a mixture of shock and confusion, opening your mouth to speak before he beat you to it. 

"Look, I know this crazy, the idea that you pulled away and suddenly I'm at your doorstep soaking wet asking you to be with me again, but god, Y/N, this last month I've been going crazy. And not just because of Will and everything going on there. I've been so worried about you, wondering if you were safe knowing I wasn't there anymore to look after you. And I know that was your choice, that you thought having space would be better for me, to focus on Will. But ow Will is back, he's safe in a warm hospital bed, and all the time we've been apart I've regretted letting you just because you thought I needed it." He cupped a hand against your cheek, thumb gliding over your skin for a moment as you moved even closer. "Please, just come back to me." 

It was a sort of whirlwind then, arms hooking themselves around his neck so you could pull him closer and press your lips to his, an exchange of air passing between your mouths, hands holding onto clothes as he came to run a hand into your hair. You knew that you didn't deserve this, didn't deserve for him to come back and rescue you from a pit of loneliness that you had caused yourself. But here he was, kissing you, holding you as if you meant the absolute world to him and you could do nothing wrong. For a moment you squeezed his arm with your hand, just to make sure this wasn't some insane dream. 

"You should be the one pushing me away, not wanting me back after all the pain I caused you. You shouldn't be doing this, Jonathan Byers. I don't deserve to be loved when all I've done is thrown you aside."  You pulled away from his lips reluctantly, letting your head fall against his chest. 

"But I am. And I'm doing it because being without you, Y/N, makes me want to go crazy. Not having you by my side makes me want to hide from the world because you're not with me. I know that I got hurt, but, maybe, just maybe, we could fix this." You nodded back to him as pressed a kiss to the crown of your hair. 

You kissed him again then, softly, as if you knew that one move could ruin everything that had suddenly come back to you. He couldn't stop smiling, and neither could you even as he ran a hand down your side and held your waist. Soon, he was yawning, exhaustion falling over his body while the two of you stood together, and all you could do was take his hand, pulling him up the stairs to your room. He wouldn't let go of you as you helped him down into the bed, pulling off his worn out boots and covering him with the blankets. He kept your hand in his even as you attempted to move away from the bed, intending to give him room to sleep. 

"Y/N, you need to sleep too, and I am not leaving you, not after everything that's happened." With those words, you were letting out a smile and slipping under the covers, his arm coming to wrap around your shoulders and his body turning so that he was facing you, your head against his bare chest, breathing settling into an even pace. It was as if nothing had changed.

"I love you Jonathan, that never changed." He smiled, a full blown sleepy grin as you kissed the edge of his jaw softly.

"Never thought it did, and I love you too, even more than I thought I could." 

_________________

A sequel kinda thing to the last imagine I posted on this book.

x