Hot and Sweaty | Robin Buckley

The house was hot when Robin got home, the air sticky and musty. She'd just got back from a shift in the video store, and all she wanted to do was change out of her clothes, take a shower and grab some dinner before collapsing in front of the television.

But then you were in front of her, beaming a smile so bright that she couldn't help roll her eyes and grin at you with fondness. You took her book bag from her shoulder and hung it up on the hook next to the door, moving closer so you could take her in your arms like you had wanted to ever since she left the house in the morning.

"You're finally home." You leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to her lips as she let out a sigh of exhaustion.

"To be honest, I didn't think I would ever be home again. The store was packed with people wanting movies, and the air conditioner broke." She leaned down and rested her head on your shoulder, arms wrapping around your waist. "All I want right now is a shower."

You looked away then, a frown covering your face as she stepped away to walk towards the bedroom. You followed her, watching as she kicked off her shoes and pulled some nightclothes out of her wardrobe before you decided to speak.

"I mean, a shower sounds good right now, but..." She turned around to look at you as she stripped off her shirt and tugged her pants down, leaving her in her underwear.

"What? What is it?" You leaned against the door frame with your hands shoved in your pockets, grimacing a little as you started to speak.

"The water hasn't been working since late this morning, either it's scalding hot, or just barely a dribble. I've called the plumber, but he's going away for the rest of the week." Robin dropped to the bed then, head in her hands as she let out a frustrated sigh. And then she gave you that look, the look that meant "I'm gonna have to fix it, aren't I?"

An hour later, she was stood in the shower, taking a wrench to the taps and fiddling with the small silver pipes that protruded from the wall. She huffed as still nothing worked, and soon she was at her wit's end, ready to call Steve to ask if the two of you could go to his for a shower. And you, you were tired of watching her struggle with the plumbing.

You stood next to her in the shower then, coming up close behind her as she stood back and stared at the pipes, and you couldn't help yourself as you pressed your lips to her exposed neck, the taste of sweat and salt and heat washing over you.

"What are you doing, Y/N?" She didn't turn around to face you, nor did she push you away, instead she relaxed a little and leaned into your lips more.

"Nothing, why?" You moved your lips then, kissing up towards the shell of her ear, moving around the back of her neck and across her shoulders. The kisses weren't hard, or overly passionate either. They were weak and quick and distracting, but they were working to your advantage as she turned towards you.

"I'm trying to fix the shower, babe. I don't need you distracting me." You didn't respond to her light-hearted accusation, and although she was frustrated, you could tell she also was starting to relax into your touch, wrapping an arm around your waist and a hand in your hair as you moved your lips to hers.

It was sweaty, and messy, and weak and quick and not at all satisfying for the both of you, but the heat was so stifling that neither of you had the energy to kiss the other one with much rigour. She pressed her lips to your neck as you pulled away, your hand coming up to press against her hips, waist and stomach, feeling the heat radiate off her as the two of you stood in that small shower stall. In between kisses she started to talk, blissfully up high due to the feel of your skin against hers.

"I guess...we could...ask Steve if we could...use his shower." You breathed out a breathy laugh as she moved up against the wall.

"You know, that sounds like a pretty good idea. But first, I wanna finish kissing you." You pulled her back into you as she started to move away, peppering kisses all over her hot and red face. She giggled at the feeling, her hands gripping your sides.

"Even if I'm all hot and sweaty?" You kissed her right on the lips then, and soon she was sagging against you slightly, moving a hand to the cold tile wall to hold herself up.

"Especially when you're all hot and sweaty."