-Bound Together-

WARNING- SMUT

WARNING- SMUT

The room was quiet, the television playing an old black and white movie that Will had found earlier in the night, before he fell asleep on the sofa and before Joyce left for her shift at the store. You leaned against Jonathan, head resting on his arm with your hand in his. Shadows were cast over the walls, the trees outside moving slowly in the wind. Jonathan's chest rose and fell calmly, eyes focused on the small screen in front of him.

You closed your eyes for a short moment, resting them as they grew tired, but soon you opened them to feel yourself rising, off the couch and into someone's arms.

"Jonathan, what are you doing?" You tilted your head to look up at him from where you were in his arms, him slowly making his way to his bedroom, pushing the door open with his foot.

"I thought you might have wanted to sleep on the bed and not the couch. More comfortable." He looked down at you, a slight smile on his lips as he let you down onto the bed, fingers brushing your waist. You leaned up to connect your lips to his, hand coming up to rest against his neck before you pulled away.

"Thank you, babe." He shook his head with a smile, before turning and leaving the room for a moment. You stood up, slowly walking to the large stack of draws that held Jonathan's clothes. You pulled out a shirt and boxer shorts, laying them on the bed.

The door opened behind you, Jonathan coming to sit in front of you on the bed, elbows resting on knees and head in his hands. You brushed a hand through his messy hair, fingers soothing and gentle.

"Will's been having nightmares." His voice was quiet, controlled as you sat down beside him.

"I know." You wrapped an arm around his back comfortingly.

"He wakes up screaming in the night, thinking he's gone again until mum or I come racing into the room to calm him down."

"And you think you can stop, you can hold him until he stops crying, distract him with music or watch him draw what's in his head. But you can't." You leaned further into him, lips against his neck, hot air blowing against his skin.

"I wish I could."

"I know Jonathan, I know. But you have to accept that it's going to take ages for Will, for you, for your mother. It can't all be healed within a blink of an eye." He nods slowly, turning to you.

"Why have you stayed? I mean, in all this hell, why haven't you run away yet? Away from me?" You looked at him, dead in the eye with a face of shock. Shuffling around, you settled so that your legs were either side of him, hands cupping his face and his hands tracing patterns on your bare legs.

"I am here because I'm in love with you, Jonathan. I am here because you need help, and although a lot of the time you don't want to accept help, I'm always going to be there giving it to you. You and your family have become so important to me, to see Joyce smile after a long day, to hear Will laugh at a joke has become something I long for, but to see you, as plain and "weird" as you are- well, those are things I long to see. I will never run from you or your family Jonathan Byers, not tonight, not tomorrow, not in a million years, because honestly, I don't think I would survive without you". His eyes were bright, hands tugging onto your clothes for a moment, holding the fabric between his fingers. You leaned in closer then, lips brushing his as you whispered the words he longed to hear. "I love you Jonathan Byers, and nothing is going to change that."