-Violence and Defence-

Sometimes, the world and its people turned into a science experiment

Sometimes, the world and its people turned into a science experiment. And most of the time, that science experiment went wrong, devastatingly wrong. 

Right now, the town of Hawkins and its residents were under a microscope, with the rest of the world looking in and thinking all the horrible thoughts about a small country town that was suddenly in the middle of a missing child's case. All of a sudden there were film crews and journalists and police officers swarming all over the town and its streets, trying to access the minds of those who lived in that little town. 

But compared to how the outsiders of the case faired, was nothing compared to those who were family or friends. The world seemed to explode around them as if the earth was hit with an asteroid, shattering the little comfort bubble that kept them safe and warm, instead of letting in the chilling cold and the terrors of the night.

Jonathan wasn't coping well, and you knew that. You knew that he was the sort of person to snap under pressure and at the worst time for the people around him. But you also knew that it took lots of pressure to push him to the edge, and normally he was fine, drowning himself in music and trying to quiet the voices with happy memories and familiar photographs. 

Except, right now, none of those things was going to help the oldest Byers boy.

Steve Harrington and his friends were a piece of work. They were the kind of teenagers that thrived off the downfall of others and their popularity only made them stronger. With their sharp-tongued comments and off-handed insults, they were the enemy of everyone and the friends of some, but right now, they were the most hated people on the planet in your eyes. 

You didn't mean to end up in this situation, standing opposite Carol, Tommy and Steve. It truly was an accident, one made by seeing your name spray-painted on the cinema doors, followed by the words "slut" and "creep fucking whore". For some reason, the words bothered you, not only because they were disgustingly mean, but more so because you knew who had sprayed the dark red letters onto the dirty glass. 

You didn't think your older cousin would stoop to the level of aggressively insulting someone for every one of the townspeople to see, including his aunt and uncle, but you just so happened to be wrong.

Suddenly the teenager beside you was fuming, glaring at the words that covered the glass and gripping your hand tighter. You knew what was coming, that all his anger and despair and fear was about to tumble together into a cloud of electrified emotion that could wage a war against the strongest of armies. And you knew that Jonathan was thinking everything through in his head as he stood next to you, but you didn't stop him as he let go of your hand and walked towards the ally way where the three lords of Hawkins High School were hiding. 

They didn't even try to hide their amusement as they saw Jonathan and you appear in front of them. Instead, it just seemed to fuel their actions further, cajoling the two of you as they swapped banter between the three of them as if everything was hilarious.