°42°

This chapter is dedicated to oluwa2060 Your comment made my day....

Enjoy.

                       ~°~°~°~°~

                °Tatiana's POV°

Getting a call around seven - thirty at night, isn't strange. Getting a call around seven - thirty from Jubilee was extremely strange. Jubilee wanted nothing to do with me because of Happiness, and how he got my new line baffled me.

I got up from my bed and put on my gray hoodie above my night wear, before walking out of my room. Mum and dad had already redecorated Uyai's room, so she was no longer staying in the same room with me.

Moving down the stairs, I could spot Uyai watching a Korean series, while dad was reading the headlines of a newspaper. Funny how Uyai's show wasn't even distracting dad, and funny how Uyai decided to watch a movie when she knew she had lots of studying to do. Uyai wasn't below average, but she wasn't the best either.

I tried to tiptoe my way to the front door, since dad was oblivious about his surrounding. Uyai noticing me first, decided to speak out. "Where are you going?"

I exhaled deeply while staring at Uyai. She shouldn't have asked in a loud tone. "Dad, I want to see a friend at the gate."

"You're not going out by this time," Dad replied. I knew he wouldn't let me, that was the reason I decided to tiptoe in the first place.

"It's just seven - thirty," I dragged. There was no way I was getting out now, not like this. My eyes moved to Uyai, then to the series she was watching. It gave me an idea. "Uyai is watching a series instead of studying the execersises I had compiled for her. She's horrible at all sorts of calculations."

"Uyai, turn the DVD off and switch the television to DSTV." Dad gave instructions, without taking his eyes off of the newspaper he was holding. "Go upstairs and study."

"But daddy___"

I quickly snuck out of the living room in the middle of their dilemma. Stepping out with my fluffy pink slippers, I scurried over to the gate. The air was so cold, I was grateful for my hoodie.

With my instructions, the gate man opened the gate. Out in the dark night was Jubilee, leaning against our fence. He was also putting on a hoodie, and had his head staring at his foot.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting," Jubilee lifted his head once he head my voice. "You said on the phone that you wanted to see me for something."

I still felt the guilt whenever I came across him. It was even worst cause he was moving towards me, his eyes filled with so much emotions. Anger, pain, sadness, pity, guilt.

"Everyday, every passing day, I had hated you." Jubilee's voice was low, so low I had to strain my hearing a bit, just to get what he was saying. "Thinking you were the reason for Happiness' death."

Lowering my head, I whispered. "I indirectly was."

"I imagined how Happiness must have hated you so much, that she had to write a letter in her very own blood." Jubilee's voice wasn't consoling. He didn't give a damn if his words were hurting or not. But who am I to complain, he lost someone precious to him. He had the right to get mad.

"I'm sorry," Was the only thing I could muster. I couldn't bring Happiness back, but I could certainly try to bring the person that had actually slit her throat, to justice.

Jubilee leaned back against the wall with a long sigh. He shook his head subtly, before speaking. "But I never wondered what you went through."

What I went through couldn't and shouldn't be compared with what my best friend went through. Not one bit.