Chapter 47: Conflict

Somewhere on an island.

On the seemingly shabby street, a dozen bandits were gathered. Their leader was sitting on a wooden barrel, holding a fruit with a peculiar shape. He was staring at the fruit with a mischievous smile on his face.

"You said... for such a small thing, the Donquixote family bid 200 million Berries, is the value of this thing really that high, or what?"

"If it wasn't, the Donquixote family wouldn't give such a high price. After all, this is the legendary devil fruit. It is said that it can grant you the devil's power, but the sea will turn against you..."

A man next to him looked at the Devil Fruit in Scarface's (their captain) hands, and said greedily: "Then, boss, why wouldn't you eat this devil fruit, or one of us if you don't mind, we may become very strong, maybe we shouldn't sell it and keep it to ourselves...We"

"Naah."

Scarface interrupted him, glanced at the devil fruit in his hand, and said, "Even if you get a special ability, can you get 200 million Berries? Unless you go out to sea to be a pirate... But these days, the East Blue is no more a safe place for pirates... This pirate hunter... I don't know how many infamous pirates died in his hands. "

Speaking of which, Scarface grinned and said, "With the 200 million Berries, I can easily become a nobleman in some big city, no need to take the risk of being a pirate!"

"That's right, but you won't leave us behind, boss..."

Some of Scarface's subordinates said, while looking pitifully at him.

Scarface smiled, holding the devil fruit, and said, "Of course not, I will take you with me! We will leave this ruined town."

They were a bunch a bandit, relied on cheating and stealing passers-by or docked merchant ships to make a living. Unexpectedly, one day, they discovered a devil fruit hidden in a nobleman ship.

When the news got out, they were immediately contacted, to sell the devil fruit at the price of 200 million Berries. The buyers were really lucky, because Scarface was on the verge of eating the devil fruit.

"It's almost the appointed time, and they should be here soon."

The bandits were a little nervous and anxious. After all, they were about to make a 200 million Berries deal. It was an amount of money that they have never seen before.

Scarface was starting to get more and more nervous, he couldn't wait any longer, and just when everyone was about to give up, footsteps were heard in front of the street.

Da da da.

Soon, a dozen of people showed up. In front, there was a weird-looking guy, obese man with large lips, dark shaggy hair. He was wearing a pink bonnet and purple aviator sunglasses, and carried a yellow pacifier in his mouth!

When Scarface and the others saw the figure of the man, they had a weird expression on their faces, some could not help but burst into laughter, but as soon as they saw that men in black behind him were all holding fire guns, no one dared do laugh anymore.

"Is this Scarface's bandit group?"

The man with the baby's pacifier stepped forward and spoke to Scarface and others. He was one of the Diamante Army Officers, Señor Pink. Since it was an important matter concerning a devil fruit, a high ranked officer had to lead to a transaction.

Scarface, barely holding himself, facing the strange figure of Señor Pink, stood up from the barrel and said: "Yes, I am Scarface, are you with the Donquixote family?"