Chapter 6: I'll Save Her

After lunch, Ron continued his magic practice.

After a morning's training, he can now build a complete magic rune without closing his eyes.

However, because of some interference and insufficient concentration, he occasionally failed, well once or twice, but the time has been shortened to seven or eight seconds.

The same training in the afternoon as the one in the morning, Ron was still focusing on his meditation to build the magical rune faster.

After seven or eight more attempts, Ron's error rate gradually decreased to zero, and he gradually adapted to rune construction and meditation in the spiritual world, with his eyes open.

Nine times...

Ten times......

Eleven times...

Throughout the entire afternoon, Ron did nearly 30 attempts. His mental strength was repeatedly exhausted, seven or eight times. Even with meditation, he was unable to overcome that kind of mental fatigue. He was so sleepy that he wanted just to fall asleep anywhere.

The results of these nearly thirty exercises were also extremely obvious. Not only he mastered the skills to build perfect magic runes with open eyes, but the construction time was reduced to four seconds!

He went from taking ten seconds to complete a rune with closed eyes to only four seconds with open eyes to release his wind blade. There was no doubt how huge this improvement was.

........

Because his spirit was extremely exhausted, he could start hurting his soul if he continued to practice. Also, it was almost dinner time. Ron hummed a ditty and walked into the kitchen. After a half-hour of preparation, he brought several appetizing dishes to the table.

"How does it taste? Can it pay off my lunch debt?"

Ron had already tasted it before he brought it out. Naturally, the taste was much better than Nami's meal, but it wasn't clear how Nami felt.

Nami stared at the fish soup on the table, picked up the spoon and sipped it. After she said pouting "The taste ... well, it's normal."

"Your expression says the opposite though...you are clearly enjoying the meal"

Ron said while looked at Nami's expression.

Nami said casually: "You are wrong. Besides, the ingredients you used are all from my house. So, if you have this meal, well, you have to pay fifty Berries."

Ron: "..."

Anyway, he still paid a price of a Chopper (T/N: his bounty). Knowing Nami's personality, he thought it was worth to pay just 50 Berries. By reducing the fee from 1000 to just 50, It was a very high evaluation. Ron thought of it in his heart and couldn't hide his smile.

Nami was surprised by Ron's smile, she glanced at Ron strangely, then ate nearly one-third of the dishes quickly, then stood up satisfied.

"The taste is so sloppy, you barely made it through. Hum, by the way, tonight, you can sleep on the sofa over there."

Watching Nami return to her bedroom and closing the door, Ron has a serious question in mind. In this world, is hanging out with a 14-years-old girl legal, or not?

There was no answer to this question, but Ron soon realized that he didn't really need to worry about it, because even if it was illegal, it would be legal when she turns 16 or 20!

After a moment of whimsy, Ron cleared up the dining table. He returned to the sofa and laid down while quietly looking at the stack of charts placed at the corner of the drawing table.