Chapter 40: Killing Arlong

"Haw haw haw, you're back, Nami, you're quite early this time."

Arlong looked at Nami, who walked into the yard, grinned, stretched out his hand, and opened his webbed hands.

With a slight smile on her face, Nami walked in front of Arlong and said: "Yes, because I have the required money."

As she spoke, Nami placed the suitcase in front of Arlong and added: "Here are 100 million Berries. You can count it."

Arlong glanced at the box, raised his head, and laughed a few times, opened his hands, and said: "No need, no need, I know that you made sure of that. Then, Cocoyasi village is yours now, shahahahahaha."

Seeing Arlong's so refreshing reaction, Nami couldn't help but sigh in relief, and said, "Then, I'm just as free, right? I can leave."

"Of course."

Arlong grinned and said: "But ... if you leave, things will be slightly different."

At first, hearing Arlong's 'Of course.' Nami's heart was filled with endless joy. However, hearing the subsequent 'but.' she was paralyzed to the spot, and her joy comes to an abrupt end.

"What...different..."

Nami's voice began to be a bit inconsistent.

Arlong spread his hands and said: "Look, this sea area is my territory. You can have the village, as long as you are one of us. You will in charge of the village and I won't meddle with your ruling. "

"But if you leave our crew, then we are no longer companions. I can't leave a village located in my territory in strangers' hands.... haw haw haw."

Arlong grinned and said, "But Nami, you are free. You can leave at any time. I won't stop you."

"..."

Hearing Arlong 's words, the smile on Nami 's face disappeared. She was pale with eyes so dull, she seemed almost lifeless. She clenched her fist firmly and gritted her teeth, saying: "This is not the agreement! That's not what you promised!"

"A deal is a deal, I will fulfill my part of the bargain, the village will be redeemed, and you are free. But I never promised you anything more, I never said I would leave this island nor my territory."

Arlong tilted his head and looked at Nami, grinning: "Or... you won't leave my crew? In that case, we are still companions, the village is all yours, and I won't lay a finger on it. But if you escape, then all the villagers will be slaughtered! Because of you, Shahahahahaha. "

"Shinjimae...you son of *."

Nami shuddered these words while biting her lip.

Although she expected such a situation, she was still unable to accept it. Nothing changed...Even after she fulfilled her part of the agreement

No.

There was! As long as she did not leave Arlong Pirates, Cocoyasi Village would be safe, and that beast would not do a thing to the villagers.

But......

Nami lowered her head, clenching her fists tightly. Her body was trembling...

But in that case, she wouldn't be able to leave Arlong Pirates, that is to say, for the sake of the village, she would lose her freedom and would be controlled by Arlong forever.

[I......]

Suddenly, Bell-mère's image emerged in her mind, her sister, Nojiko, as well as the villagers Genzo and the others. Unconsciously, her eyes were filled with tears.