Chapter 37: Future Plans

In fact, Ron was satisfied with the accomplishment of 7 achievement points. Actually, it was close to his expected best scenario case, but at that moment, he really wanted to extract a new rune.

He wanted to master some kind of defensive magic.

During the last fight, when he confronted the two thousand pirates, it seemed that everything was under control, no stress, but in fact, that fight was a huge test for his judgment and his situational awareness.

Because of the large number of people in the scene, the chaotic state, especially when he rushed into the pirate ranks, he took a bullet on his left arm. It was only judged as a minor injury, but in the end, he got himself shot. The thing, the bullet was really unavoidable, he could neither block or dodge it.

Which highlighted his need for defensive magic.

Whether it was a hard-resistant type such as a magic shield, or an evasive type such as instantaneous teleportation, it was okay for Ron, as long as it enhances his defenses. But unfortunately, he did not have a chance to draw a new rune, even after reaching 30 points of achievement points.

The only benefit of this injury, Ron accomplishing an extra unexpected achievement point, from the 'First Wound' goal, which was hidden in the achievement system previously.

"It seems that after getting enough achievement points in the East Blue, in addition to getting defensive magic, it will be safe to sail towards the Grand Line."

Ron looked at the bandage on his left arm and muttered.

Fortunately, the guns in this world could be classified as antiques, so the damage caused was minimal. Also, he wasn't hit in a vital spot, so it would not take too long to heal. By the time they reach Cocoyasi village, the wound should be gone.

At that time, Ron couldn't wait to get more achievements. He was too eager to extract new runes and start practicing the next level of magic! But unfortunately, his current mental strength was not enough to commence practicing third-level magic.

Ron now has a total mental attribute of 44 points. He was pretty sure that by the time he would reach 50 points, several changes would occur. His thinking speed would be further improved, and his mental recovery speed would also increase.

At that time, he would finally be qualified to master third-level magic.

Of course.

For now, Ron had other things to do. He had to further explore the wind and fire derivative runes as much as possible, and more importantly, to master the second-level fire magic.

It was true that the simultaneous release of second-level wind and fire magic wouldn't be as great as the third-level magic.

But, in this area of the world, such power would be more than sufficient to sweep everything easily. As for the Grand Line, Ron considered such power as stepping stone for that adventure.

Mastering the second-level combined fire and wind magic, and then mastering a defensive spell, was Ron's bottom line to step into the Grand Line.

Ron was fully aware of the enormous gap between the Grand Line and the four seas, power-wise.

In the East Blue, he might be looked like a beast, but once he steps in the Grand Line, he might be walked over!

Entering the Grand Line as the strongest man in the East Blue, Ron was convinced that he should take it easy, to push his way through the first half of the Grand Line, get all the achievement points that he may accomplish, then start thinking about the beasts hidden in this vast world. That was the correct way. Otherwise, he would definitely get himself killed!