Chapter 46

Afrah's POV

"Hey, calm down," My brother tells me as I tie my headscarf in a hurry.

"Junaid is going to be discharged today, there's no time to calm down," I tell him as if he didn't know.

"The keys," My brother says and I turn to him so he could throw them to me.

"Thanks," I say on my way to the door.

"Your phone,"

"Arrgh, just bring it. You're coming, aren't you?" I look at him in annoyance and open the door as soon as I spot Aidah coming to us.

"Someone is in a hurry," She smiles and grabs her bag, following me out.

"You see, bro. Aidah can keep up with me, why can't you?" I say as we get inside my brother's car.

"You girls drive me crazy. When is Malik going to grow up so at least I can team up with him?" He sighs, looking at baby Malik who's in his car seat, at the back with me, while Aidah sat next to my brother at the front.

"I don't think Malik wants to team up with you, right, Malik?" I look at Malik.

"Nana," Malik says in his baby language and both me and Aidah laugh.

"You see, he doesn't," Aidah says.

"You three took the day off to team up against me, didn't you?" My brother says playfully making us laugh harder.

"Aww, I'm so going to miss him when I leave." I think out loud while Malik held my pinky finger and didn't want to let go, "I think he's going to miss me too." I smile looking at Aidah who had turned back to look at us.

"You're already thinking of leaving? Junaid hasn't even been discharged yet and he needs to recover." My brother says.

"Then he better recover fast. I give him no more than two weeks." I state authority and Aidah laughs.

"You really do want to get rid of me, don't you?" My brother says pretending a sad expression, "I thought it was something of my mind, but now I'm certain that you do." He complains dramatically.

"I'm not trying to get rid of anybody. You yourself told me you wanted me to get married and have a normal life, right? Remember that day when I was fired from the university, you told me that?" I remind him.

"Damn, I thought that was Aidah's thing, but looks like it ain't just her. Women really don't forget, do you?" My brother says impressed.

"Nop." Both I and Aidah reply in unison and then we fall into laughter together.

Reaching the hospital, I give several kisses all over Malik's face before leaving the car, "I'm sorry, I don't have time to wait. I'll see you inside." I tell them as they laugh at my hurry, and I rush inside the hospital looking for Doctor Malik.

"Malik, Malik, Malik, Malik," I think out loud to myself while searching for him.

"Did you call?" I hear a voice behind me and I turn around to find Doctor Malik standing right behind me.

"Oh," I feel a little embarrassed for calling his name several times like a crazy girl.

"Junaid is getting ready. It's been a while now." He lets me know in advance before I could ask.

"SubhanAllah! Did I come late?" I ask searching for my phone but then I remember that my brother had it.

"Not at all. You're one hour early."

"Can he leave earlier, pleaseeee?" I ask while stretching the word because I heard that's how I convinced him to do whatever I wanted when I was young.