Chapter 10

Afrah's POV

I didn't notice when I fell asleep, but I am now waking up to my brother calling my name. I look around and find myself at the hospital.
I jump out of the sofa to see my brother wearing his jacket. He was already dressed in his own clothes. I think he's getting discharged now.

"What's the time?" I look at the clock on the wall.

"Yep, 7:40" He confirms to my surprise.

I know I am a latecomer but I have never been this late to anywhere.
Junaid will be at work by 8 am. I am so dead.

Wait. He is hurt. He won't be coming today. I take a deep breath when I realise I am safe.

"Where's your phone? Aidah said she called you but you didn't pick up," My brother lets me know as he grabs his bag and we leave the room.

"Oh, it's probably at Junaid's home now," I tell him still trying to get my eyes accustomed to the light.

"What did you just say!?" My brother stops to look at me. That's when I realise what I had said. What's wrong with you Afrah? "Why would you go to your boss' home?"

He is mad!! And I'm so dead!!

"It's not what you're thinking I promise." I start to panic. He's going to do something stupid, I know.

"Then explain to me what the reason is and make sure to make me understand it." He starts walking to his car.

"Some people came to the company yesterday pretending to be plumbers and I think they were robbers. In the middle of all that, Junaid ended up getting shot and I just offered to help him get home. Nothing else happened besides from that." I tell the truth.

"A robbery!!? Are you okay??" He holds my face in between his hands. I guess looking for scratches

"I am fine. I wasn't there. Junaid told me to leave before the robbery started. He said he didn't need me for the afternoon." I explain and my brother turns back to the front and starts driving while with a thinking expression.

"Thank you for the_" I was thanking my brother for the car ride once we arrived at the company, but he leaves the car before me and hurries towards the company. "Ismail," I call him, leaving the car as well. As soon as I close the door he presses the lock button of the car controller. "Where are you going?" I follow him fastening my steps because he was way too fast.

"To talk to that perverted boss of yours. No sister of mine is going to suffer in the hands of a man who abuses their power, and besides, he has violated the Human Rights Act and breached the Employment Rights." He continues without looking at me.

"What the heck are those?" I ask really confused but he didn't give me an answer. "Mr Junaid is not there, I told you he was injured. I think he's going to take a few days off," I tell him but he ignores me and goes to the stairs. "Ugh I'm so tired, do we really have to go through the stairs?...wait for me." I hurry when I notice he wasn't waiting.

As soon as we reach the first floor, he goes into Junaid's office without even knocking. To my surprise Mr Junaid was inside the room. Is it today? Is it today that I'm going to lose my job? Even if I don't lose it, I think my brother isn't going to let me continue working here anymore.

"Is that the perverted boss?" My brother asks once he is inside. Junaid looks at him and then turns to face me.

"I'm so sorry Mr Junaid." That's all I could say.

"You and I need to have a very serious conversation. Either here or at the police station, you decide." My brother steps closer. I could swear Junaid just smiled at him. But it was a quick one so I am not sure.