Chapter 37

Afrah's POV

It was now hometime and I couldn't be happier for the fact that I actually completed all my work for today and I was even able to start a little bit of tomorrow's work, as well.

"You worked really well today, Miss Zayan. I hope to see you tomorrow. Have a safe journey back home." Mr Wesly says and offers me a smile before returning to his office. He literally came out of his office just to say goodbye to me.

He is such a respectful man. He gives his workers strength and encouragement, instead of scolding them or putting them down for late submissions or for struggling to keep up with their work.

I say goodbye to Carol on my way out and when I reach outside, I'm surprised to find Nicole, leaning on my car.

"Nicole!?" I call her and that's when she notices me approaching.

"Will you be leaving this late every day?"

"It's only one hour from the time we usually left at AZ Electronics." I unlock my car and gestured for her to enter, "What are you doing here, anyway?"

"Are you going home? Let's go eat, I'm hungry." She fastens her seat belt.

"Did you come to celebrate my new job with me?" I tease while inserting the keys.

"Celebrate? Pfff, that was a good joke. At least if you had found a job elsewhere, I would've thought of celebrating."

"What's wrong with Wesley Mechanics?" I ask but she only shrugs, "I swear, you and Junaid need to stop doubting everything and everybody around you guys."

"Oh, that reminds me. I have something to tell you," She smiles mischievously and I realise it's something bad. She always does that smile when it's something I won't like.

"I don't want to know." I interrupt her before she could even start.

"Are you sure? Even if it has to do with Mr Junaid and Veronica?"

"Who's Veronica?" I look at her for a few seconds.

"His new secretary."

"Why did he hire another one?" I abruptly remove the car keys and pay attention to her.

"You know I'm leaving soon. They already caught Mad Dog, although he refuses to say who the leader is, and_"

"I don't care about Mad Dog." I interrupt her, feeling irritated. "Tell me about that new secretary. What did she do?"

"Oh, are you sure you want to know?" She asks with a smirk and I glare at her. "Alright, I'm sorry," She playfully raises her hands up in surrender. "Veronica is a little too overwhelmed by Mr Junaid's looks."

"So? Everybody is. I want to know what she did."

"Calm down, girl, I'm getting there. Right on her first day, she wouldn't stop making up any excuse to speak to him. As the days passed, she started to become a little too touchy-touchy with him, and me, as the good friend that I am, obviously," She gasses herself up with a proud smile before continuing, "I told her that he was engaged, but she didn't care. She dared to say it out loud that she'd make him hers and leave whoever he was engaged to." Nicole finishes and I couldn't believe what I just heard.

"What!?" I look at her in shock.

"She's still at work, by the way. With the excuse that she's trying to finish her work for today. And guess what? Mr Junaid is there too." She smiles wider when she notices my expression.

Without thinking twice, I insert the keys back again and start driving towards AZ Electronics.

"Where are we going?" Nicole asks, noticing that I made a U-turn towards the opposite direction. "Girl, calm down. At least keep to the speed limit, I'm not trying to die here, alright."