Chapter 4

Afrah POV

It is already 7 am and Martina is there as always. I feel sorry for her. How can she still be so obedient after all these years? And how come she looks fresh every day?

"Good morning, Afrah!" She greets with a smile.

"Good morning?" I question. "Okay then, good morning,"

"Here, I finally have your timetable for you. You will have a 10 minutes break in the morning and your lunch will be for 30 minutes at 13:00." She hands me my timetable.

"What the heck am I supposed to do for 10 minutes?" I look at my timetable.

"Coffee break, I guess. But I just get my coffee whenever I want to. Just make sure he doesn't spot you." She advises and I smile before leaving towards the elevator.

Finally, on my desk, I remove my jacket and my bag and hang them on the hanger. Then proceed to the annoying boss' office. There's really nothing much to organize except the dates. Once I'm done, I leave his room and prepare today's agenda. Today would be a busy day for him. He had three meetings, two conferences and one investor trying to contact him for a while. I guess the old secretary did not mention this investor. I take a note of it in the notebook before answering the phone, which was already ringing. I managed to go through the whole day without problems and finally it was lunchtime.

"So, how's your day going so far?" Martina asks.

"I don't know, I guess it's alright. At least Mr Junaid didn't scold me yet." I smile.

"Let's hope it continues that way." She smiles and Mr Freya decides to join us at the table.

"What are we talking about?" He questions bringing his coffee to his lips.

"About your lovely boss," Martina answers sarcastically.

"What did my lovely boss do this time?" He plays along.

"You seem like you know him a lot. Is he mean to everybody or did he decide to pick on his secretaries?" I am genuinely curious.

"Mean? You haven't seen anything yet. He'll make you want to resign."

"Should I just do it now, so I won't have to go through that terror." I joke actually considering and they laugh.

"Lunch is over." We hear a voice and turn to see Mr Junaid. Did he really have to come and tell us?

I ignore his eyes on me and just get up to go back to work.
"Excuse me?" He calls and I suppose he's referring to me.

"Afrah," I remind him of my name and he looks at Mr Freya.

"Afrah Zayan." Mr Freya completes my full name.

Mr Junaid stops for a while and I look at Mr Freya who looked at the boss, not worried at all with the boss' expression. Meanwhile, Martina is as confused as I am.

"Bring the coffee to my room in no more than five minutes and brief me on the afternoon schedule." He wakes up finally and gives his orders. "Marcus, come with me."

"What was that?" I ask Martina as soon as they leave.

"I have no idea," She shakes her head. "But you should go make the coffee, he did not seem happy." She advises and I agree before leaving towards the coffee machine. I make him a coffee with two sweeteners just the way he likes it and bring it to him.

What are you doing, Afrah? Just knock on the door! - I tell myself as I stop in front of Mr Junaid's office, listening to his and Mr Freya's conversation.