Chapter 5

Afrah's POV

"Afrah, don't you have an interview now?" I hear my brother's voice.

"Hmm," I murmur.

"You'll be late if you don't get up now. It's already 10:30."

"You're lying," I tell him thinking he's trying to play the same tricks on me.

"Alright then." He leaves my room and I go back to sleep.

What if he's telling the truth? I grab my phone and open one eye to look at the time.

Subhanallah he was right!!!

I run to the bathroom and do my usual morning hygiene before putting on a simple abaya which coincidentally matches with the scarf. My brother laughs as he sees me run out for the second time because it's the second time this week that I'm late for an interview.

"Hey, let me give you a ride." My brother stops me at the door. "I'll be back soon Aidah. " He shouts to let Aidah know before we leave towards his car.

"Don't you have work?" I ask

"I'm off." He reminds me as he reverses out of the parking lot. "I should get you a car, you already have your license and..."

"Don't you dare." I interrupt him. "I'm going to buy one soon."

"You're too stubborn." He shakes his head in disbelief.

"Just hurry, I'm already late." I look at the time on my watch.

"Here we are." He says a while later.

Wesley Mechanics? - I read the company name. I heard this name before. But from where?

"Good morning, welcome to Wesley Mechanics. How may I help?"

"I'm here for a job interview," I tell her and my phone starts to ring.

"This way, please. And please put your phone inside the basket. It's just our policy, the boss dislikes interruptions. You will get it back when the interview is done." She informs me and I find it weird but I still do as she said. I turn my phone off and leave it inside the basket.

I reached the boss' office and he was patiently waiting for me. He looked around his early fifties, with shoulder-length, dark brown hair and blue eyes. He looked Australian.

"Good morning, I'm sorry I am running a bit late." I apologise as he points to the seat in front of him.

"There's no problem at all Afrah Zayan. I hope you had a safe journey and no difficulties finding this place. Please have a seat." He smiles politely.

Wow, he's got manners. So much unlike that rude arrogant boss from AZ Electronics. He at least knows my name.

"Um, thank you." I sit down a bit unsure about his kindness.

"Would you like a cup of coffee or any other drink?" He questions before we start.

"Coffee would be fine," I answer. Maybe that would calm my nerves.
He calls the receptionist and she gets us two coffees.

"Alright, how did you find us?" He begins.

"Online. I was looking for a job and this one seemed very appealing."

"Glad to know. I saw that you previously worked at a university and before that you graduated from doing a three-year apprenticeship, which means you have no experience with companies yet. Are you willing to take this challenge?" He questions.

Wait, how come Mr Junaid did not add that I also worked in his company and was fired? There is no report about me working there at all.

"Yes, I will do my best and I'm willing to take all the work that I am assigned," I answer.