Talk between adults (Rag?Lak?)

People are asking why I'm not posting, well time and motivation both missing. But I'm going to try to end this book. So concentration on it.
💓

Laksh was looking at his friends, "you really want money from me? Guys aren't we all adults where is a kid, who could ask for it and I could justify with the request?"

His friends looked at each other, "yes, you have to pay!"

Laksh moans audibly, "I'm tired we did this whole marriage within 2 days. I need some rest, I don't need my bedroom I just need a bed or couch."

His friends shook their heads, "don't say something like this Yaar, go they must be ready now."

Laksh took a deep breath. As if we would consummate it. Slowly he made his steps upstairs, the Lady's were blocking his way.

Laksh rolls his eyes, "lady's I told them and I will tell you the same, I just need a bed or a couch not a bedroom."

They moved aside and gave him enough space to pass them.

Laksh opens the door, he saw his wife sitting on the bed, both took a deep breath.

"Can we talk?" They said simultaneously. Laksh made his way to her, "May I sit?" He points on the edge of the bed, she was really confused and removed the veil from her face.

"Laksh it's your bed, I'm the new one here," she  moves to the bed edge, "of course you can sit next to me." She taps with her hand on the free space.

"Very funny." Laksh sat next to her, "wanna start it can I start?"

Ragini shrugs, "I don't mind. You can start maybe it's the same I want to talk about?"

"I guess same, it's about my past."

Ragini nodded, even she wanted to clear everything before they go further.

Laksh looked at her, "I'm not perfect neither were my relationships. I have been gone through some bad times, that is one of the reasons why I rejected so many women in the past."

Ragini could understand him, "Laksh it sounds like my last relationship." She said looking down twirling her shawl.

"I had been in a relationship, I was happy and fought for it. Like you would do, when you are sure that there is a future." Ragini said without looking up to him, "you know, it was a relationship of 3 years and we both, are, we were independent. There was no need of help from others, but one day we both came home. Exhausted from the work, he shouted at me and raised his hand on me. I was shocked that moment I thought to leave him. Stupid me I stayed cause he apologised and I thought of it, like it happened for the first time. We talked and sorted out, well that's what I thought, but I was wrong. Another day another time, months later he raised his hand on me because I refused to sleep with him, but I stopped him. He couldn't hit me again this time I hurt him and left him the same night. The next day I asked a friend of mine to come with me and take me belongings, I cared not to meet him as I wasn't sure what I would do to him."

She stopped a moment of silence, Ragini didn't looked at him, she was staring out of the window into the night.

"Well I'm not better, I raised my hand too on my ex, same a few years back I was in a very happy relationship I really thought of marriage. We were on a party and she drunk a lot, the next day I asked her to reduce the consume for the next time, she got mad at me. She pushed me and said that I don't have the right to command / order her. There was nothing like that, I told her how hard it was to handle her and the people were talking about her. I didn't liked it and she pushed me, cause she thought I was making up a story to her. I couldn't believe her behaviour and warned her not to push me again, she did it, not once or twice but several times, calling me a wimp, trust me, I respect women a lot, but she didn't stopped. In my anger I slapped her and she left that moment."

Another moment of silence, Laksh could feel her gaze, "say I'm a bad man."

Ragini shook her head, "she provoked you, you didn't wanted to hurt her, but my ex did it purposely. Therefore you are better than him."

Laksh looked at her, "I can't sleep in these heavy clothes, I guess you neither? Wanna change in the washroom and I will change here?"

Ragini nods, "yes, loved to," she stood up to change her clothes.

Laksh too changed his clothes and laid on the bed looking at the ceiling till he heard the sound of the door, he saw his wife coming out in a nightgown.

Laksh sat up, "hello!" A naughty smile on his was and a lifted eyebrow.

"Relax Laksh, I haven't placed this inside the washroom. I just wore it cause it was the only thing there." She took off the cardigan and covers herself with the duvet, "stop staring at me."

Laksh laid back, "you know, you shouldn't show me the back of yours."

Ragini turns with her head only, "stay in your limits on your side. I'm not the same as before."

"Ditto!" Laksh said and both were glaring at each other.

"Good Night!" They put a pillow between them and fallen asleep.

___