𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 : 𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒

Start from the beginning

Pools of doubting thoughts were adorning my mind, because as much as I would hate to admit the fact that I could feel the mate bond working in my favour by providing me the protective emotions that no one was able to give me before, I practically knew nothing about him in any sphere of life, yet it somehow didn't scare me in any way. I didn't know this man, I didn't know his past or even his future. He didn't know me either, heck, he didn't even know my stupid name.

Yet look at us, I'm engaged to a man who has a facade of darkness inside him that he refuses to talk about, along with him not knowing my real identity, and now this ring is bestowed upon the weight of my finger, securing itself around my bones like it was its home all along.

Even when I knew nothing about this man, the look he was offering me how was nothing more than just cordial. No matter how much he might bully me later, or no matter how many times I might actually provoke him in the future, something about his look towards me right now was like reassuring me about something that has to do with him protecting me. I saw how the press in this whole place works, and it's not a lie that everyone's obsessed with his life and what's going on in it, this alone will cause a bigger scandal than me hating him.

Have I even met him since a very long time? No, not at all. But in just a few days, almost in the span of a literal week, he probably the first I would think alongside Agatha if I ever think about my inner circle. He's that kind of guy who slammed all my walls down by proving that he can literally just enter my house without any barriers stopping him, which I would only allow to a person if I've known them for ten or more years. I didn't meet him for even ten minutes, and he was seriously carrying me back home after I was marked by his dragon, he's that fucking impacting to me now, and I want to be scared, but I wasn't.

It was really overwhelming to even think that he was a part of my personal bubble in such a short amount of time, as he made my world turn upside down with his glares, his attitude, his insults and his power, creating my every day routine turn from being on the run the whole time to exploring a beautiful world full of beautiful creatures. Yet with all those unhappy arguments and displeasing bickering, there was his embrace, his touch, his clandestine concern and the motive to protect me all this time, and I tried to breathe after taking all of it in my head.

Am I...am I...growing feelings for him?

"SHE IS YOUR WHAT!?" Everyone boomed in the same emotion of perplexity and shock after finally blinking at us dramatically on the spot with their cameras in their hands, while Agatha was currently debating on whether to be excited or whether to faint then and there in happiness after seeing us hold each other like this, while Balthazar crossed his arms and gave me a nervous smile in response, to which I couldn't return anything.

"You are engaged?!"

"The infamous Zenith Pierce is betrothed to someone!?"

"The well known sex God bachelor is settling down for real!?"

"She is her fiancé! She stole the heart of the most powerful dragon trainer!"

"A human caught him in the tie of marriage! Our Dragonarian is getting himself a Dragonarie!"

"He was in hiding all this time to find the love of his life!? Why was this not in the updates?!"

"We are reporting live on Genzie Times on this Monday afternoon with our Dragonarian Zenith Pierce with a welcomed guest who is known to be apparently engaged to him, is that right miss...?" A very unknown yet annoyingly cheerful reporter chirped at the distant flying camera with a microphone in her hands, while waiting for me to answer as I looked like a chicken at this point.