𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 : 𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒

"I eat cake everyday because it's somebody's birthday out there somewhere. Happy birthday."

"I-I'm...I'm what?" I whispered a very astonished yet a very shocked entreatment with a widened pair of eyes after staring at his dreadful regret filled face who was staring right back at me with so many emotions all at once, completely bewildered about what the hell just happened right this second with the anti-climax moments going by like a flash, as he immediately plastered a deeply pleading look at me with his desperate eyes, while I could glance at the ruby red engagement ring wrapped around my finger like it was a fucking prize.

My mouth itself became ajar after seeing the coincidentally colour exactly match his hair after looking way too real for my own good, also feeling his fingers behind my back to be poking at my bare skin to get my attention towards him and snap me back to reality, along with Agatha having her own spooked face completely on display after following my gaze to my fingers which had suddenly adorned something that would open way too many doors for me that I was not expecting, recognising Balthazar's face of sly tried yet maybe even a little worry which also looked kind of hesitant after the whole crowed gaped at both me and Zenith holding each other.

Did he just say...I'm his fiancé?

Are we engaged?

Is he lying—

Then why the heck is he looking at me like this.

I couldn't first believe what the heck had happened in a split second that is possibly responsible for changing everything, blinking my eyes softly at his jet brown ones which were in a trance of a lost maze of puzzling after meeting my fear filled grey ones that looked up at him for sly answers, and this time he seemed to be openly intimate with his touches on my body after announcing the news that was being taken into the minds of everyone in incremental steps, and I myself was allowed to gawk at the ring personally.

The only thing I would be able to say was that the red colour was close to the colour of crimson blood, dark yet twinkling against the Genzanian sun that was heating up the whole chilly grounds with its warmth, as immediate butterflies flooded my stomach after feeling his words sink down into my heart and park there permanently, as it was like it was actually made perfectly for me. It was oddly even the exact match of Zenith's identity if we would describe it with words. Dark scarlet, lethal looking yet filled with emotions that perhaps only I would be able to understand, and ironically I was able to conclude that whenever I would see this piece of jewellery on my finger...I would be reminded of his face.

This time, the sparks and tingles that I would be greeted with were not coming out from his touch alone, the whole mate bond itself were gifting me these euphoric tingles of mirth, and it felt to be moving into the next level between us, without us even possibly actually doing the first stage of a mate bond that would be followed in the supernatural world, and it was like a fucking wake up call. If you look at it technically, I'm sure there are different stages of the mate bond, but we didn't even do the first stage yet, and still it felt like we had elevated the whole ladder of the bond in just one second.

The same sparks now were permanently merging with my blood, twitching my adrenaline to the brim as I was breathing heavily in his embrace that felt so gentle and careful around me, with a gulp being adorned in his throat from the shock consuming him too, and for a moment my lips quivered in utter surprise after my heart was almost beating as fast as his cold and closed off heart was beating against my chest, with his hot fanning exhales meeting my skin to calm down my hormones down that were raging in the notion of a panic, and I shook my head to make myself gain some sense.