Chapter 2: Master and truth

When Susan came out of the club the storm had past and a light rain was coming. She went to the beach and sat on a bench, watching the white line of the high waves on the dark surface of the troubled ocean and tried to relax until sunrise. 

She then left the beach and went to a little room, booked in a little Hotel not far away from the club. She had a light breakfast and had taken a shower and then check out from the hotel and got to JFK airport at 12 P.M. She bought a coffee and sat on a bench. She was sure that his two targets will come soon or late. In fact, they didn't keep her waiting for long.

Soon they sat on either side of her and boomed their bags on the marble ground of the airport. "fake passports?" asked Harris and waved the passports in the air. 

"Maybe this can hide our tracks for a bit." Answered Susan. 

"Do you have any plans for what you said last night?" asked Bishop.

"One or two. Yes." Said Susan. 

Bishop huffed and leaned on the seat. "I don't know why we have trusted you." he said irritated. 

Susan smiled but said nothing. The flight had no delays and soon they took off to China.

***

A fifteen hours flight, six hours driving to a village in the slopes of mountains, and climbing endless rows of stairs located in the slopes of a mount was not easy for even trained soldiers like Harris and Bishop and Susan was not answering any of their questions. They had almost regret trusting her.

"I don't know why we had trusted her." nagged Harris but quietly so Susan couldn't hear them. Bishop didn't say anything. "At least here is not suffocatingly humid. Where is she taking us? To show us around on the peak?" asked Harris in a low voice.

"To see someone, master Harris." Shouted Susan without turning back while climbing ahead. Harris stopped and stared at her back with wide eyes. 

"Come on, John." Said Bishop and gritted his teeth. 

Soon after, the stairs finally ended and they reached a flat area in the forest. Small and big cottages were there and had created a small temple. Rays of the sun had passed through dense branches and had created golden pools here and there and had created a beautiful scenery. The fragrant air was full of good energy. "Where are we? Shaolin Temple?" asked Harris. 

 Susan guided them through cobblestone ways. Many kids and adults with traditional clothes were coming and going or training in groups. Harris and Bishop were looking around with amazement when a man came and stood in front of them. He was bald and his clothes were gray. "Susan Grays." He said with a Chinese accent. 

"Chan!" greeted Susan and placed her right fist on her left palm and bowed slightly. The man did the same. "很高興見到你,我的朋友. (It's good to see you, my friend.)" said Susan in Chinese. Harris and Bishop both knew Chinese a little. "來。 主人在等你。. (come. The master is waiting for you.)"  said the man and motioned with his hand politely. Susan smiled at him and went forward. 

Soon, they reached the biggest and highest house. It was beautiful and magnificent. Susan and Chan took off their shoes, bowed, and went inside, followed by curious Harris and Bishop. 

There at the end of a long and big room with two rows of wooden pillars had stood an old man in front of a few monuments. His white straight hair was reaching to his waist. Chan went and stood in a corner with his hands folded on his back. Susan went and knelt on the ground with a dropped head. "Master!" said Susan.

"So you've returned." Said the old man but his voice couldn't belong to an old man, for it was smooth and soothing. He turned around. His long beard was white as well as his thick eyebrows which had made a shade on his eyes, black eyes like two pieces of coal ready to burn, like two wells full of wisdom. "And I see with your two trusted people." He said and gazed at Harris and Bishop. They dropped their heads in respect. This was a man to respect.