chapter 1: Recruiting

9 P.M, Queens, New York

It was a stormy night. The rain was pouring and a harsh wind was knocking drops of water everywhere. It was a street in one of the districts close to JFK airport. A nasty narrow street, full of homeless people. 

Everyone was running to their homes or to find a shelter and none of them was paying any heed to the dark and slime figure who had stood in a dark narrow alley which was in front of a club. A big flashing neon light banner was hanging in front of the club, carrying its name, "Sweat home". Its red light was lighting up the hooded figure for a few seconds each time and gave it a creepy state. Drops of water were dripping from its black raincoat which matched its black jeans and boots. The hood of the coat had covered its face with its shade. The person's clenched hands were in the coat's pockets. If someone could see the person's eyes they could evidently see hesitance in them. 

Suddenly thunder lit the street. An ear-piercing roaring rattled the windows and the rain intensified. Like it was some sort of alert, the figure took a deep breath and finally stepped out of the darkness of the alley and into the street, and with a few long strides, it was in front of the club's door. With no more hesitation, it pushed open the door and went inside. 

Immediately light and warmth welcomed them. The figure pulled off its hood and revealed a woman with pale skin. Her mid-waist dark curly brown hair had covered her thin beautiful face and her rosy lips had beautifully added color to her pale face. But her eyes were a different story, sharp black orbs which could pierce your soul and see your darkest thoughts. She was indeed very beautiful, slim, and tall but dangerous nonetheless, although she even didn't look like an adult. 

The girl took off her coat. She had a cream woolen blouse under it. The club was so crowded and laughter and shouting had filled the air. The girl's keen eyes searched the place and then found her targets. The corners of her lips slightly went up. Her eyes were fixed on two giant men with grim faces, sitting at the counter. Their very short hair and ready and muscular bodies were revealing their jobs; professional soldiers.

The girl opened her way to the counter and sat on an empty stool next to one of them who was a bit smaller than the other, just a little bit. His light brown hair matched his blue eyes and had styled his shaved handsome face. He had worn a white shirt with khaki cargo trousers. The other had light blond hair which almost made him look bald. He had a white T-shirt as well but with black Combat trousers and black boots.

The man next to the girl slightly turned his head and glanced at her. He then looked ahead again and grabbed his big mug in his hand and brought it to his lips. "kids." He whispered before taking a sip of his coffee. The girl smirked. 

Just then, one of the barmaids came and stood in front of her with a little notebook in her hand. Her light yellow short-sleeve dress and white apron were clean. Her golden hair had been neatly pulled back into a bun. "Hello, sweetie. How can I help you? We have a delicious chocolate cake but only a few slices have remained." she said with a warm smile. 

"Just a cup of coffee with three sugar cubes and no milk. Thank you." answered the girl politely. Her voice was soft and smooth.

"Of course. In a minute." Said the barmaid and she returned a few seconds later with a cup of coffee and placed it in front of the girl and then went to serve the others. 

The girl looked around. Everyone around them was busy with their own business. She then looked at the men next to her. "good evening, gentlemen." She said with a collected voice. The man who was distant from her pay her no heed but the one next to her turned his head to her. "Go and find someone else, kid." He said. "I'm not really in a mood to talk to a child." Something about this girl was disturbing him. Her eyes ...