Chapter 31

(Midoriya P.O.V)

After we get home I call Kiri, he doesn't pick up but I leave a voicemail telling him to call me once he's available. Todo starts on some work in his office so I sit on our bed. I lean back and stare at the ceiling. Sighing I close my eyes.

Once I open them again I'm wrapped in Shoto's arms and it's dark out. I smile, kiss his cheek and get up. I walk to the bathroom and wash my face for no reason. I check the time, it's 11:30 already. Huh, guess I fell asleep pretty quickly. Suddenly I remember Kiri and I go to grab my phone, there's a text saying he's free to talk. Luckily for me it was sent only a few minutes ago. I go out onto the balcony and call him.

"Hey Kiri. How're you?" I wrap myself in the robe I grabbed.

"I'm good, I had my ultrasound today, sorry I didn't answer." He sniffs a bit over the phone.

"Oh yeah, how'd it go?" I lean on the balcony, concerned.

"Well, everything is okay with the baby, but we also found out there was supposed to be two but due to some complications one didn't make it. But it didn't miscarriage in the usual way, it just went back into helping the other to grow." He sniffs again, obviously post cry.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Kiri. You still want me to come over tomorrow to hang out and see the photos?"

"I chose not to keep any pictures cause I was kinda in shock and said no. But I do wish I had said yes. So there won't be much to talk about right? It's up to you if you want to come over."

Todo knocks on the glass and points at me then puts up the 'okay' symbol. I nod and point to the phone, he nods back.

"I do wanna come over cause I think there will be something to talk about." I smile and put a hand on my still flat stomach.

"Alright, I'll tell Bakugou to go out and have some time to himself tomorrow then."

"Oh you don't have to kick Kacchan out if you don't wan-"

"No he needs to get out and go shopping anyways, maybe send Todoroki, Denki, or Sero his way too. It'll give him some peace of mind, he had a hard day today with it too."

"Alright. I'll come over at 10?"

"Sounds good." I hear a muffled grumble over the phone and then Kiri speaks again. "Okay, well bakubabe is getting grumpy I'm not in bed. Love you Mido, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Love you too Kiri, see you tomorrow."

"Bye."

"Bye," the call ends and I sigh. I can't imagine how broken Kiri must have felt or still feels after hearing that. I go back inside and realize how cold I had gotten. I set my phone down on the dresser and hum. "Alpha~ I'm coooollld."

Shoto chuckles and opens his arms in the blanket, "c'mere baby."

I smile and waddle over dropping the robe, I cuddle into his chest and giggle a bit.

"You shouldn't stay outside for very long when's it's late baby." He strokes my hair, his scent taking over my nose.

"Mmhmm~" I slowly close my eyes cuddled up into him. I start to doze off as he places some kisses on my green moppy hair. I don't catch what he says as I drift into a deep sleep.

(The next morning, 9:30 am)

I flutter my eyes open to see I'm hugging a pillow. Slowly sitting up I look around, I rub my eyes and then see a small sticky note on the pillow. It reads, 'Hey baby, sorry I had an early meeting today, I know you're headed out at 10 so I asked Benni to drive you. I love you and I'll talk to you later. <3 Shoto'

Like I don't already know who it's from he signed it. I chuckle to myself and look at the alarm clock. "Shit." I get up and go to the bathroom to take care of my morning routine and I grab a shirt and shorts. Slipping on socks and grabbing my shoes, among other essentials, I hop out the bedroom door at 9:50.

Once I get to the car I tell Benni the address and tie my shoes, I turn to look at the house and wave to where Todo's office is. Then I'm ready on my merry way.

During the drive I mostly stare out the window while listening to music, I replay the conversation in my head over and over again. Knowing it isn't going to go any of the ways I think of. Before I know it it's 10:20 and we arrive. I get out and see Kiri basically pushing Kacchan out the door. "Just gooo babe you'll be alright!"

"Kirishima! You are not staying home by yourself-" he sees me and stops mid sentence. He clicks his tongue, kisses Kiri's cheek and then gets in his car.

"Guess he knows I'm in good hands after seeing you," Kiri smiles his big shark toothed smile that everyone loves.

I smile back and walk up, "Hey Kiri." I smile back and walk up the door, going inside with the redhead.

The cream walls are homey and covered in photos or paintings that Kiri has made. It has a soft earthy feel throughout the  living room and into the kitchen/dining room. The light let in through the windows makes the room feel warm and calming. I sit on the dark brown couch and sink into it, Kiri joins me with two cups of lemonade.

"So how have you been?" He turns and smiles to me.

"Good, I'm really glad to be hanging out with you today." I smile back.

"Yeah bro it's so nice to see you outside of work, even though I haven't been in for a while."

"Yeah, but don't sweat it too much, I haven't been in much either, honestly we should probably ask Uraraka to run the shop while we're out." I chuckle a bit.

He laughs, "yeah that's not a bad idea but I do plan to go back to work soon."

"Me too, how about this coming Monday?"

He nods, "god it's so unmanly of me to be missing work huh?"

"No not at all, actually it's more manly that you can take the time off to take care of yourself."

"I never thought of it that way, thank Mido."

"Of course Kiri, we both are taking care of our bodies how we're supposed to."

After that we talked some more about random things, then it got kinda quiet. I knew what conversation was about to start.

"Kiri, are you okay bud? And please don't dodge the question, I'm worried about you."

"Uhm yeah, okay. I'm mostly alright, despite not even knowing about the second one I feel like a part of me was ripped away from me. I couldn't feel anything when I first heard the doctor, but once we got in the car I cried so much I couldn't breathe. Katsuki held me and it helped a bit but there was something taken from me." He sniffed but didn't cry. "I am alright now, I am grateful that I still have this one, it makes me happy to know that Katsuki and I get to have our baby."

I looked at him and put my hand on his shoulder. "I'm here for you Kiri, and I'm glad you're doing better."

He smiled and nodded. "You wanted to tell me something when you came over though. At least that's what you said in your text right?"

"Oh yeah," I smiled and looked down at my stomach. Then back up to him. "I didn't feel very well the last few mornings, so I picked up a pregnancy te-"

Kiri quickly turned to me and held my hands. "You're pregnant?!" His shark tooth smile is wide.

I smiled and nodded back. "Yeah, I am."

He hugged me. "Dude! That's amazing!"

I chuckled and enjoyed his hug, we talked about it for a while and neither of us could stop smiling. Laughing and smiling, both of us kinda just sat there and enjoyed one another's company.

The day passed by fast but eventually I waved Kiri goodbye and got into Todo's car smiling.

Everything's gonna be alright.