Chapter 19

Serene

I groan in pain as I try to open my eyes and see my father tied to a chair near me, slouched over.

"Dad!" I try to nudge him, but he doesn't wake up.

I rub my temples trying to remember what happened. We were separated from the events to avoid this reason. How did they find us? I don't understand...

As I let my thoughts wander, trying to remember what happened with little success, until I voice.

"Well well, looks like you're awake princess."

I look up and stare at this man, wondering what the fuck he wants.

"You see here. I know about your father's military weapon dealings. And I want them. I tried to make a deal, but he just wouldn't budge. So I knew I had to take matters into my own hands."

"How did you find me?"

I manage a whisper before the man starts laughing and I hear the door open and see two men dragging Brian, all beat up and bloodied, before he gets tossed on the floor.

"Well this piece of shit was a bit more useful than we thought. He didn't even know we were trailing him. Moron"

"Brian!" I scream, but he doesn't wake up. Seeing him all the floor like this, it makes me feel uneasy and I realize, this wasn't a bad kid, but he became one because of his circumstances. Even when we were dating, he never spoke about his family, never really had any friends before Josh. The pieces started to click. He became a product of his surroundings.

I try to hold in my vomit seeing his state right now, before the guy speaks up again, "I'll be back when your daddy here wakes up. I already contacted your men to bring me what I want. We'll see if they deliver and if not, you'll make a great decision to my next business venture Princess."

He leans into me and starts to unbutton my shit while I struggle on the chair, his face coming close to my breasts as he licks my neck, "Mmm you taste exquisite. I'll have to fuck you first myself. Wouldn't mind owning your pussy"

I shift trying to get away, but it's no use as one of his hands slip into my jeans and inserts his fingers into me, rubbing me as I try to wiggle out of his hold.

Luckily I hear a knock on the door. "Boss?"

He pulls his hands out and licks his fingers in front of me, "I'll make you so wet for me babe, you'll enjoy it"

I breathe a silent thank you to what must have been my guardian angel as he walks away to get the door, leaving me, and my passed out father and Brian on the floor, to try to figure out how the fuck I'm going to get out of here.

----

Mick

I gather up Jon and his most trusted men, the Prez, Stitch, Vick, and a few other MCs and have our plan in place before we head to the address.

There is no fucking way I would believe that asshole and go by myself. Being outnumbered is not a way I would start the fight.

As we get close to the address, the rest of the crew fall back so we don't all appear together. I can only hope that they are keeping Selene and Luke around the same vicinity. According to Stitch and his Silk Road contacts, no private plane has taken off near our area and none of the facial recognition cameras captured Serene at any airports so at least we know they didn't travel any long distances.

I approach and notice two armed men come to me.

"You all stay there and get your boss."

They smirk before responding, "you don't make the commands here"

I smirk back, "Oh I do. Especially when these bags carry some of the most elite weaponry in the world and it just so happens that in these bags are some of the most powerful explosives. You didn't think I'd come here with my hand up my ass did you? You don't get your fucking boss and we're all going to blow the fuck up and I'm sure within minutes, these will get traced to US military and your whole operation will be incredibly fucked"

The two men look at each other before motioning for me to stay still while they bring the boss here.

I wait for several minutes before he makes an appearance.

"I'm sure your lapdogs have informed you of the bags' contents?"

"They did indeed. But what's to stop me from putting a bullet in your head right now and just taking them off your hands?"

I smile. Investment banking had its pros. When you deal with Wall Street assholes ready to stab you in the back at any moment for the higher bonus, you learn to check all the boxes, dot all your "i"s and cross all your "t"s before completing negotiations.

"Because, there's a small little implant of explosives in this bag. And if the bags get separated from me, it all goes to shit. And before you ask me how you can trust me to give these to you without then setting them off, well I guess you have to trust me as much as I trust you to ensure Luke and Serene are still safe."

After a bit of silence, I state "you didn't think some airhead would be in charge of the weaponry did you? That I would just walk in here with no backup? I came here alone as is, that should be enough to warrant a "meeting in the middle" sorts of negotiation. I just want the two people alive, you take the weapons. Not like I plan on leading a war where I would need them. I frankly could care less"

He ponders before he tells one of his men to bring Luke and Serene so I can see them. Before the guy leaves, there is a commotion in the back and a couple of shots.

"Did you fucking kill them you asshole?"I scream, assuming he had this planned all along.

"I promise you that isn't the case" he barely grits out his words as he gives a look of murder to his other man. "Go and bring them immediately or I will kill you both myself"

He refuses to leave, and instead pulls out a gun and points it into my chest.

"I am a man of my word or else this entire operation would not have been possible. I did not have them shot. So you stay put while my men retrieve them."

I grit my teeth, exhaling slightly knowing that at least Jon and my MC can overhear the conversation.

After several minutes, Serene and Luke are being dragged, her face bruised.

"What happened?" I hear their ringleader ask.

"This bitch escaped and shot the men guarding the door."

I smile inside, knowing I've taught her well.

As I make eye contact with their boss, I see a glint in his eyes.

"I promised you their safety, but I didn't promise you yours," as I register what he says, I hear a gunshot before I feel pain in my chest, my world darkening as I hear Serene's screams in the background as I hit the ground with a thud.

A/N: A few more chapters to go guys! Hang in there! Do NOT stop reading here or you will be missing out on some good shit going forward!