Chapter 2

Micky

The next day, I take my car and drive to Vick's clubhouse, Ride or Die is what they're called. Vick gave me a brief overview of who they are and what they do and I'm set to meet with their President, Danny, to go over the details.

I step in and Vick walks me over to their "den" where their meetings take place. I step in and I see a broad-built guy sitting at the head of the table - who I'm assuming is Danny.

Vick speaks first, "Prez. This is the guy I was telling you about that beat the six guys to a bloody pulp. I know he's an outsider, but trust me-- he's worth the risk"

I wait as Danny eyes me up and down cautiously before he asks, "So, Vick says you fight like an animal -- that so?"

I nod. He waits in silence so I decide to explain myself a bit, "I have no formal training. Am taking a few boxing classes, but frankly I love it. I want to take up a few other styles of fighting as well. Major stress relief and definitely a more exciting workout than just lifting weights"

I pause before Danny speaks again, "I'm also told you're a suit?"

I pause. Deciding if I should elaborate but fuck it. I'm sure they've looked into my past. No point in hiding now when I'm already in the lion's den. I smirk at my own fucking pun while I'm surrounded by bikers.

"That I am. Been Wall Street's bitch for the last decade of my life. Fighting helps me blow off steam after I deal with entitled assholes all day who I help make rich and keep the world going 'round"

He eyes me suspiciously, before I continue to explain, "I've learned enough working with the devil to want to expand on my own. I want to open up my own fund, probably start my own fight club for defense. Do something more meaningful with my life than help rich douchebags for the rest of my living days. Vick here saw me fight and thinks I have potential. On top of that, he said I could manage your funds. If I at least turn into a shitty fighting trainer, I can at least guarantee you a return on your money to make you all richer. You offer me my freedom from hell, I offer you money guaranteed and hopefully turn your men into the monsters you want them to be with their fists."

The room is silent, before I see Danny nod his head. "Alright Micky. You've got yourself a fucking deal"

---

It's been almost three years since I've been with ROD training and building up my own investment fund. After that night with Danny, I came in Monday morning and quit. People thought I lost my fucking mind. Leaving Wall Street after almost a decade and walking away from million-dollar bonuses, I don't blame them for thinking I was off my rocker. But that night, defending that man in the streets, I wanted something more. Funny...to think that my escape ended up being with a motorcycle club, but that's what it was.

With my personal savings and the club's, I started my own management fund so I still get to play on Wall Street, but on my own terms. No more ass-kissing clients for the sake of the boss. Now if a fucker pisses me off, I show him the door after I kick his ass through it.

On top of that, I actually opened up my fight club for self-defense. Over the past three years, I worked diligently to master almost all forms of fighting styles out there, BJJ, Taekwando, Krav Maga, you name it, I learned it. Not working a job that sucks fifteen hours of your daily life gives you A LOT of time to actually do interesting shit. My black belts were earned and frankly, I'll admit, I had a passion for fighting.

I was able to make myself a lethal weapon with just my body, and in turn, was able to keep my end of the bargain with ROD. I trained every one of them at my facility from initiation all the way to the President. Vick was right -- being a monster came naturally to me.

As I leave my fund and head over to my facility for training, I notice an older gentleman sitting on one of the seats dressed in a nice suit. He reminds me of myself back in my corporate days.

I walk over to him and start to speak, "You want to sign up for a fight class?"

As he stands, he looks at me and I slowly start to take him in. He looks familiar, but I can't place my finger on it.

"Mick."

I eye him suspiciously before he continues. "I came to pay you back for that favor"

It clicks. He's the fucking homeless guy from three years ago!

My jaw drops, not fully believing and before I question him, he starts to explain.

"I told you I'd pay you back and now the time has come. I was in a bad spot that night. I wasn't some homeless guy not doing anything with his life. I was actually depressed after my wife passed away and it became just me and my daughter on our own. I drank myself to oblivion. Almost lost my entire wealth in the span of a month before you saved me that night. I took it as a sign to change my ways and be there for my little girl. Turned my life back around and restarted my business, knowing you gave me a second chance. I would have died that night, and I would have left my daughter on her own"

I stare. Still shocked that he found me after all these years. But it wasn't too hard to find me. Michael Ellington, M&A extraordinaire leaving Wall Street for an MC really causes headlines.

He continues, "I heard about your recent ventures and I want to help. $1 million is yours. You can take it into your fund, or invest it in your fight club. I have only one request if you can humbly oblige."

I realize I haven't said anything for the last five minutes like a moron -- so I decide to remind myself that my mouth still works. "Of course. At this point I should probably ask your name and what I can do for you. Afterall, you also changed my life that night as well" I state, waving at the facility before me.

"My name is Luke and I want you to train my daughter to fight. I still remember that night Mick. Your instincts, your skills. She needs that. She went through some stuff..." he trails off, leaving behind parts of the story that I know he doesn't want to tell me, before he begins again, "Anyway, I want her to be able to defend herself. I heard you do women's self-defense classes. I want you to make her into a killer like you so she can protect herself. I want her to learn to have no fear no matter the man -- or the monster-- that may approach her"

I take his words seriously before I nod. "Of course. We mutually changed each other's lives you know. And frankly, the women self-defense courses are my best-known. I'm a tough son of a bitch on them because I know what they may face out there will give them no leniency. I want you to know that. I don't take it easy on them" I say sternly.

I've had some of the women who attend my classes tell me their stories of why they joined. There are some sick fucks out there and I give them the technique and confidence to kill monsters before they get their chance - or second chance in some cases -- to attack these women.

"I would expect nothing less" he states, before we both turn to the door when we hear it open.

"Ah" he continues. "Just in time. Micky - I want you to meet my daughter Selene"

I turn to face her and my mouth drops. She is beautiful. Her hazel eyes match her father's, her hair a gorgeous chocolate brown. Her lips, everything about her is just mesmerizing. I snap my mouth shut before I make a fool of myself before I return to Luke.

"You have yourself a deal Luke. I promise I will make her the killer you want her to be."

Fuck. Luke, you've certainly returned that favor 10-fold in Gold.